Lead Python (Django) Developer at KiWi
Sep 28, 2020
KiWi is a Swiss-Mexican fintech startup, founded in 2014, on a mission to offer a peace of mind to micro-entrepreneurs in emerging markets. They are offering a Point of Sales app that allows merchants to keep up with their customers' needs and grow their business.
KiWi is currently operating in Mexico and has plans to expand to other emerging markets in the near future.
KiWi is looking for an experienced and motivated Lead Python (Django) Developer to join the HQ in Lausanne, full time.
In this role, you will lead the enhancement of our back-end (Python/Django) in close collaboration with your back-end teammates and our front-end developers (Flutter; Angular 8).
KiWi helps bring the fintech solutions to micro-entrepreneurs that have been let down by the tech and banking industries.
Join their mission to make the lives of micro-entrepreneurs easier!
As a member of the Tech team, you will:
- Take over, improve and collaborate on an existing Python/Django codebase
- Perform major and minor day-to-day development tasks as needed
- Participate in code reviews and practice test-driven software development
- Build a back-end that matches business expectations, scales well, and empowers our data science work.
This is you:
- 5+ years experience in Python/Django back-end development
- 5+ years of experience using relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Deep understanding of REST architecture and proven experience with Django Rest Framework (DRF)
- Practice in unit and integration tests
- Experience with CI (Jenkins), as well as Swagger first approach
- Knowledge of DevOps, architecture, Node.js, data science is a plus
- Fluent in English. Spanish would make your job easier and French would make your life better.
What KiWi offers to you:
- Flexible working hours, vacation policy and the possibility of some remote work
- Budget for personal development (training, conferences, languages, etc.)
- Cutting-edge tech stack
- Competitive compensation package
- Relocation support: financial and practical (flat search, school, etc)
- Part of a young and agile Swiss Fintech Startup with a strong social purpose
--> Millions of micro-businesses count on you!
Are you interested in joining KiWi?
Hit the “Apply for this job” button now! We look forward to hearing from you!
KiWi believes in equal opportunities for everyone and encourages diversity and inclusion. We want to encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply to the startup world. We process all applications without regard to gender, nationality, race, color, religion, age, disability status, sexual orientation or marital status.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
How to Apply
Position fulfilled. Thanks for your interest.