Start your career in a dynamic, international environment – one where you will be challenged every day to push the boundaries of technology further than ever before.
With our Technical Graduate Program, you get the opportunity to join our Metrology department and bring your best ideas to a global collaboration. We have multiple openings for recent graduates with a background in computer science and/or software engineering.
ASML leads the worldwide development, production and sales of high-end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. In short, we make the machines that make computer chips, or integrated circuits. We build some of the most amazing, complex machines that you will ever see – and the software to run them – to develop smaller, faster and still more affordable chips. It is because of our machines that the world’s technology has steadily evolved.
Metrology software orchestrates the behavior of powerful mechatronic modules, so that together they achieve an extraordinary combination of speed and accuracy. For example, one such module, the wafer stage, accelerates faster than a fighter jet to enable the ASML machine to position a silicon wafer with nanometer accuracy in less than one second! ASML also uses metrology systems to measure and compensate for sub-nanometer inaccuracies that inevitably appear due to material imperfections, temperature fluctuations, or atmospheric pressure changes. Only the most advanced metrology systems ever imagined can do the job.
We are looking for metrology software designers. Your role is to design high-quality software, allowing fast and efficient delivery of complex metrology functions. The main tasks and responsibilities are:
• Collaborate with other software engineers to design and implement features
• Quickly produce well-organized, optimized and documented source code in C++ and Python
• Create and document software tools required by architects or other developers
• Debug existing source code and polish feature sets (C knowledge required)
• Contribute to technical design documentation
• Convert algorithms to C++ either from MATLAB or from scratch
You will combine your daily activities with intensive onboarding activities. In the first year of your job, you will receive training to develop both your soft skills and technical skills. You may also choose specific individual training related to your personal development in consultation with your manager.
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field
• You completed your education less than 12 months ago or you will graduate within four months from the selection day
• Maximum of six months of relevant working experience after your graduation 1. • Strong coding skills in C++
• MATLAB experience is a plus
• Experience with object-oriented design is a plus
• Understanding of mathematical and physical concepts and translating them to clean software designs
• Agile way of working
• Team player, working for the success of your team and ASML
• Goal-oriented and proactive
• Creative and innovative thinking, energized by breaking new ground
• Hands-on, down-to-earth and pragmatic Critical thinker, paying attention to every detail of your work and leaving no room for errors
• Eager to learn
• Fluent in English, both speaking and writing
Context of the position
• A contract of one year at ASML, with the possibility of an indefinite contract after the first year
• A highly competitive compensation and benefits package:
• Competitive salary
• 40 days paid leave: 27 vacation days and 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours)
• 13th month payment
• 8% holiday allowance
• Pension plan
• Commuting allowance
• Training sessions to develop yourself professionally
• A safe environment to experiment with what you’ve learned
• A close network of other recent graduates and colleagues
• The opportunity to work alongside some of the world’s smartest engineers
Apply with your resume and motivation letter before Sunday, September 6, 2020, at 23:59 CET via the ''this link''.
We will inform you if your resume has been selected for the first round of the selection process within two weeks from the application deadline. The first round consists of an online assessment and a prescreening call.
If you pass the first round, you will be invited to our selection day. We aim to organize a live event with the option to shift to an online event in case of COVID-19 restrictions. The selection day will take place in October 2020.
During this day, your competencies will be assessed via different activities (such as interviews or a game). The screening board will decide which candidates proceed.
You will be informed within a few working days after the selection day if you will receive a job offer. The starting date is flexible.
If you have any questions, send an email to campusrecruitment.EU@asml.com.