New York City based investment advisory firm is seeking an experienced Web Developer with 2+ years of experience working with Python and Django. You will join a small team of programmers/developers working on the build out of the company's flagship web application. The system will encompass many inter-related apps, which you will need to ensure work cohesively. You will be utilizing many modern technologies in an Agile environment. This includes the latest web technologies such as HTML5, CSS3 and AJAX as well as of Python and Django. Must be proficient working with Linux.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing company in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Compensation will be based on a highly competitive salary plus bonus. As part of our development team, your work will be highly visible and you will work closely with business managers and analysts within the firm.
- Design and develop internal Django apps, from the models to the views
- Develop the UI to interface with the Django back end as well as a parallel websockets-based server
- Take a leadership role on active development streams
- Assist in the deployment of the web application to multiple environments (Production, UAT, etc)
- Perform diligent testing of all aspects of the system, including writing unit and regression tests
- 5+ years of overall experience with 2+ years of web application development in Python/Django
- Bachelor's degree required, minimum GPA 3.0, preferably from top university
- Experience with REST Web API's, including integration with Django
- Experience working with websockets
- Experience with cloud-based deployments, preferably AWS
- Experience with C++, Java or C# a plus
- Knowledge of the financial industry a plus
- Knowledge of Git, JIRA, Confluence and Bamboo helpful
- Good written and communication skills