Python / Django Developer At Award-Winning Camping Site at Pitchup.com
- python jobs uk django python developer in uk django jobs in london london full-time django jobs uk django jobs
Sep 29, 2013
We’re a multi award-winning team expanding the online bookable campsite and holiday park market where only 30% so far are bookable online. And we want another expert to join us.
We're looking for an ambitious and talented Python / Django expert to join our team of three developers to help us manage our current site and tackle tough online booking, search and geo challenges. We’re all about collaboration – you’ll take part in regular brainstorms as the company grows rapidly, and gain direct experience of the rapid evolution of a high-profile start-up, working alongside experts in an apolitical, friendly environment.
What you might be working on:
- implementing new payment systems to streamline the customer experience
- growing our euro-denominated business to capitalise on the European market
- enabling local-market versions of our site
- testing and personalising our site
- optimising our marketing channels
- taking further steps to maximise speed and stability
- launching our mobile apps
- adding geo features such as new points of interest and - time-based search
Some remote working is possible, and some on-call evenings and weekends will be required.
Backend stack: Python / Django / Postgres / Celery / nginx / S3
Skills and requirements
- an expert first and foremost, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework (ideally Django)
- familiar with Linux server environments
- willing to undertake sysadmin work
- keen to get involved in a hands-on way, suggesting new ways forward for the site and enjoying coming up with new feature ideas
- a fan of agile working practices – you get things done
- a quick-on-the-uptake problem solver
is the market leading online booking site for campsites and caravan parks, with over 650 sites available to book in the UK, Ireland and France.
More Brits go camping and caravanning than holiday in Spain and Greece combined, and the market is booming as Brits switch to domestic holidays.
Judged Best UK Travel Site at the 2011 British Travel Press Awards, Pitchup.com
had up to 65,000 visits per day this summer. We were founded in 2009 by former lastminute.com
staff with a background in the holiday park sector.
Cool stuff we’ve done recently include being cited at the recent W3C/ODI/OKF Open Data on the Web
event for our use of public transport and attraction data. We were also among the early users of Twitter’s recently-launched product cards and autocomplete, and behind the scenes we’ve built some pretty nice features to help campsite owners manage their vacancies and encourage them to sign up.
We’re based in Chiswick, west London at west London at the award-winning Barley Mow Centre (nearest tubes Turnham Green, Gunnersbury) and are a lively friendly team with bags of experience. We want someone similar to join us – is that you?
Salary £30,000 to £60,000, dependent on experience
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!