Graduate Program - Physics & Applied Mathematics at ASML
Feb 26, 2020
The Technical Graduate Program is a great opportunity to start your career in a dynamic and international environment where you will be challenged daily to push technology boundaries further. We have multiple job opportunities for recent graduates with background in physics and applied mathematics. You are not applying for a single vacancy but for multiple vacancies at the same time! By joining our program, you will receive the ideal combination of ‘doing’ and ‘learning’ that will build the fundamentals needed for a technical career at ASML.
To make sure our customer can keep printing smaller and smaller features on chips using our machines. To accomplish this we need physicists and mathematicians who can help us create next-generation products. As a physicist or mathematician at ASML you could solve contamination issues by applying surface and interface physics. You could break new ground by developing computational models of physical phenomena, helping to optimize ASML systems. Or you could draw on all your knowledge to help improve the imaging, overlay and productivity of our tools.
If you just completed a master’s or PhD it is important that you land in a job that inspires you, challenges you and where you can develop yourself. We are aware of how challenging it can be to find the best match in an early career stage. This is why we combined multiple vacancies of different departments where your physics or applied mathematics background could fit perfectly. You will have the opportunity to talk with several hiring managers during our selection day and have more opportunities to find the right match. What can you expect from this program? To give you the best possible start at ASML, you will combine your daily activities with intensive onboarding activities. The first year of your job consists of a combination of trainings to develop both your soft skills and your technical skills. In consultation with your manager there will be also the option to choose specific individual trainings related to your personal development.
• You have a MSc or PhD in physics or applied mathematics.
• You completed your education less than 12 months ago or you will graduate within 4 months from the selection day.
- You have a maximum of 6 months of relevant working experience;
- You have some experience with data analysis and modeling (preferably with MATLAB or Python);
- You have some experience designing algorithms and functional models;
- It’s a pre if you participated in extracurricular activities, such as serving as part of the board for a student association or you did volunteering work
- You are a team player, you work for the success of your team and ASML
- You are goal-oriented and self-initiating
- You are hands-on, down-to-earth and pragmatic
- You are eager to learn
- You speak and write fluently in English
- A contract of one year at ASML, with the possibility of an indefinite contract after the first year
- We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- 40 days paid leave: 27 vacation days and 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours)
- 13th month payment
- 8% holiday allowance
- Pension plan
- Commuting allowance
- Training sessions to develop yourself professionally
- A safe environment to experiment with what you learn
- A close network of other recent graduates and colleagues
- The opportunity to work alongside some of the world’s smartest engineers Selection process The physics and applied mathematics graduate program will have two starting dates in 2020. We organize two selection days: April 10, 2020 (application deadline March 15, 2020) End of June 2020 (application deadline end of May 2020) We will only consider your application if you add your CV and your motivation in a cover letter.
Please apply via this link.
1. Application Within two weeks after the application deadline, we will inform you if your resume has been selected for the first round of the selection process. This consists of a prescreening call and an online assessment.
2. Selection day If you pass the first application round you will be invited to our selection day. During this day you will be assessed on different competencies via different activities (e.g. interviews, business game). Based on your performance and your preferences the screening board will decide which candidates best match with the open positions.
3. Job offer You will be informed within a few working days after the selection day if you will receive a job offer and for which job. Questions? If you have any questions, send an email to campusrecruitment.eu
Other ASML is leading in the worldwide development, production and sales of high-end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. We make machines that make chips. We build some of the most amazing machines that you will ever see, and the software to run them.
Agency calls not appreciated.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: a competitive salary
How to Apply
Position fulfilled. Thanks for your interest.