Oct 31, 2018
Then we’d love to talk to you about developing new sites to help people invest their hard-earned cash more effectively and profitably.
Our purpose at The Motley Fool is to help people get Smarter, Happier, and Richer. We educate people on everything from how to choose the best credit card, to how to make the most of their 401(k). The Economist has called The Motley Fool “an ethical oasis” within the financial industry, and we are looking to expand our unique brand of advice to even more kinds of financial conundrums.
With an online presence reaching way back into the early days of America Online in the nineties, we live and breathe online, and we are always trying to up our website game. We are looking for people with solid hands-on work experience building beautiful, fast, and functional websites. We are a motley crew, and each of us chooses ‘motley’ phrase that describes the unique perspective we bring to the Fool. We love people with opinions formed from broad experience that have the talent to remix them with others in awesome ways.
Although The Motley Fool is a well-established company, we regularly form small startup teams to build new products independently from the ground up. These teams get lots of love and resources from the mothership, but the freedom to build like mad.
We’d love to work with you if:
- You solve problems: You spot issues and inefficiencies from a mile away and aren’t afraid to suggest solutions and then dive in to implement them. You know when to go looking for input from others and are constantly looking for ways to improve our code, processes, and people.
- You pay attention to detail: Missed details erode accountability, and that hurts when customers are trusting us to manage and invest their hard-earned savings. You actively pull in other team members to review your code and understand the value of testing when necessary.
- You’re curious and love to learn: Whether it’s the latest technology, how the Foolish business operates, or investing; you have an insatiable appetite for knowledge. And you love to share with your fellow Fools – dropping links in Slack is like breathing for you.
- You take pride in your work: The thought of a customer seeing a 500 error page keeps you up at night. When a member cancels, it brings a tear to your eye. You want to ensure that every customer has a great experience with The Motley Fool because of what you build.
Additional nice to haves:
- Extensive experience developing and deploying websites with Python/Django (we use Wagtail on top of that)
- Strong ability to debug at all levels of the stack
- Strong command-line skills
- Track record of building relationships and consensus with business partners
- Availability for production support
- Finance, investing or FinTech work experience
- Media or publishing work experience
- WCAG AA 2.0
- CSS pre-processors (SASS, Less, etc.)
Sounds like you? Awesome! We might have a bright future together – so go ahead and apply now!
_The Motley Fool Holdings, Inc., provides equal opportunity to all individuals on the basis of individual performance and qualification without regard to race, sex, marital status, religion, color, age, national origin, non-job-related handicap or disability, sexual orientation, or other protected factor.
We should, however, make you aware that there is one notable exception to this policy. It is our strict and earnest intention — and the company’s historical record will bear this out — we will never hire any of the following: robots, replicants, or morlocks. Now keep in mind we are well aware that all of the aforementioned have intentions of world domination in the future, but as of now we have no place for them at The Motley Fool … unless the year is 2122 and the revolution has already occurred. If that is the case we welcome our new robot, replicant, or morlock rulers!!! Perhaps we have said too much?_
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.