Sep 20, 2018
You want to hack on badass gitlab ci + kubernetes infrastructure ? Then read on ;)
Currently, django-autocomplete-light has mostly selenium tests that provide high code coverage, because they test each example app.
However, the pipeline is suffering:
- travis-ci, victim of its own success, does not provide enough resources to run selenium tests
- openshift 2 was killed in favor of openshift 3, which is a complete rewrite on k8s and that DAL doesn't support so the demo site is down
The mission is to migrate to git.yourlabs.org
, which is a gitlab instance that our ops team maintain on (excellent) dedicated hardware, for CI, and also for kubernetes:
- fork django-autocomplete-light from github into git.yourlabs.org
- make selenium tests execute in the pipeline on our hardware (with gitlab ci)
- make master deploy dal.yourlabs.org (with gitlabci to kubernetes)
- make each patch deploy on $BRANCHNAME.dal.yourlabs.org (gitlabci to kubernetes with "dynamic environment feature").
I have such an example in video where you can see the stack working on another project, but the sound is bad and in french: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAsg0AgTaMk
Budget: up to $500 the first month, then can increase of $200 every month up to $2000 in residence, at this point $500-800/day contracts can eventually show up once you have accomplished this mission (it will be your demo)
Work Schedule: Full-time
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!