Lead Developer Python / Django at ihateironing
Sep 17, 2018
ihateironing is reshaping an entire industry. We are empowering local dry cleaners to deliver an amazing experience for our customers. This is an extremely exciting time to join the company as we are striving to grow from 5,000 to 50,000 happy customers with technology and product development being central to our growth plans.
The key responsibility for this position is the ongoing technical development of our platform. You'll inherit a well crafted and intelligently designed project. Our core system is built with Django and we use React Native for our two mobile apps.
You'll be involved right across the life cycle of any technical projects from design right through to deployment and feedback. You'll need to understand business and user issues and create elegant technical solutions and make smart choices on which technologies we use.
- Refining and improving existing platform features
- Improving our use of data to monitor and drive performance
- Managing the development of new features or initiatives
- Developing and improving QA systems
- Lead on all backend and ops work and be comfortable contributing to front end initiatives
We are looking for someone with the following characteristics;
- 5+ years industry experience
- Keen to learn and adopt the latest technologies
- Experience with Django/Python
- Experience with Postgres
- Comfortable with TDD
- Extremely well organised
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Interested and preferably experienced in working for a start-up
Join our company if you're keen to keep learning. Join if you think your career will progress because you’ll be given more responsibilities than elsewhere. Join because you can't face working on meaningless non-core code. Join because you like the culture and you think you’ll have fun. Join because in three year’s time when you look at this job and this company you’ll feel proud and it will be part of how you got where you were going. Join because as we grow our ability to reward you will grow and your income will grow with our success that you contribute to.
- Competitive salary and share incentives (Up to £100,000 package for the right candidate)
- £1,500 laptop/software allowance to setup your environment
- Health and fitness subsidy
- Free laundry/dry cleaning/ironing
- £500 annual conference budget
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!