Working at Back Market is an everyday mission, challenging and exciting. We’re looking for smart people who can help us create new solutions to develop ourselves.
We truly think that the world needs more companies like us; we’re not only trying to show the world that other ways of consumption are possible but we’re also fighting against planned obsolescence by giving second life to electronics and reducing waste. We dare to create and follow our dreams, building solutions to make one of the greenest marketplace to rise up.
We’re growing up amazingly fast, and we want to keep it that way. As a member of the BOT, you’ll be in charge of building the best experience possible for our customers and merchants. You will build the growth by coding, reviewing, learning and sharing your knowledge with others. We have ambition, that’s why a big part of your job will be helping us setting up new processes to reach our goals quicker.
Human qualities are, for us, as much important as computer skills and the right people should fit with our values : #LOVE / #JAJAJA /#MARS / #REAL / #RESPHUMBLE / #SWEAT
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING...
Within the BOT and our european team located between Paris and Bordeaux, you’ll have to implement new features regarding the business and technical roadmaps of your feature team. “Did you say feature team ??” YEESSSSS WE DID 😁😁😁😁
We’re actually revamping our organization into feature team (or squad, or product team : we’re still looking for our own terms. As you can see, it’s the very beginning of our story and there is everything to build. Awesome right ? 😃)
Let’s back to you ! Depending to your experience and what you’re looking for, you’ll have the opportunity to join one of this following team :
- Offer : You’ll be in charge to handle every subjects related to the products we sell. On back side, you'll manage the entire administration of the products. On front side, you'll have to deal with the presentation of this products, the way they’re organized, etc.
- Payment : You will manage the entire lifecycle of an order. You’ll define and optimize the payment strategy, the conversion, the fraud protection, the purchase options (insurances, delivery mode, etc). If you have already worked with Adyen and/or Stripe, that would be great.
- User’s Data : Here you’ll have to handle every informations related to our clients (merchants and customers). On front and back sides, you’ll be in charge of the onboarding and of the client’s lifecycle.
- Customer’s Satisfaction : You’ll have to manage everything that happens after a purchase. You’ll be in charge of the interfaces for the customer care and of every tools that allow our clients to speak with us.
- Love & Storytelling : It'll be about every subject related to the corporate identity and its content. Especially on front, you’ll manage every subject from the brand team and you’ll guarantee the declination of the Back Market ton in features.
Of course, this organization is not set in stone. As our team features, it is in continuous evolution and improvement.
THIS JOB IS FOR YOU AND YOU’RE IN THE RIGHT PLACE IF…
- You’re an accomplished engineer with 4 to 8 years experience in a similar role.
- You ‘re a Python/Django expert, you are self-taught and open-minded
- You’re available right now (or at last in September 2018)
- You’re self-initiated, fast learner with a positive attitude : we don’t want to tell you what to do all the time - hopefully you will tell us what we need to be doing
- You have the capacity to identify priorities and a great business sense
- You have a strong sense of team spirit thriving in a fast paced environment
- You have an excellent attention to detail, quality of work and time management
- You want to join a challenging technical environment : AWS, RestFul API, Python, Django, VueJs, Algolia, NewRelic, Jenkins, Docker, Intégration en continue, Agile, SEO, Celery, SQS, ElasticSearch, Nginx, UWSGI, Unit Test
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US ?
- Daily technical challenges : with us, you will forget what the word boring means !
- A band of experts who will offer you their technical know-how and will allow you to build skills in your preferred technologies but not only (Backacademy, technical guilds...) !
- Some junior but passionate developers who are hungry for your knowledge
- Career evolution with : the possibility to switch from a team feature to another every 6 months / 1 year and different career perspectives (Lead dev, Lead tech, Engineering Manager...)
- A job that makes sense : you’ll tell people to buy products that have already lived instead of buying new ones. Which means reducing the production of electronic waste and fight against overproduction. It counts.
- A high growth project : 3 years ago, we were 3. now we are more than 90 people and we are lived in 6 different countries. Boom.
- Lot of groove : you will have many opportunities to work with talented and cool colleagues
- Great benefits : Meal vouchers (Tickets restaurants, Gym (indoor football, cardio-boxing, yoga, meditation), Macbook, Free coffee, tea and fruits, Fun everyday with cool colleagues, monthly big party & team buildings, 30 days paid holidays, Remote authorized 2 days per week
Startup life with a lot of technical challenges and new technologies, Competitive salary, Great on-boarding and training programs
RECRUITMENT PROCESS IN 3 STEPS :
- Phone Interview with a member of the team + Technical test in remote
- One evening of physical interviews with several members of the team
- 2 days after maximum, we give you our answer