Head Of Data Science (M/F) at Schenker AG
Apr 18, 2018
You hold a master's degree or PhD in a data-centric area such as applied mathematics, physics, computer science, engineering or have equivalent professional experience? Your résumé shows several years of practical industry experience in a Head of Data Science role as well as the implementation of Data Science and AI solutions? If you want to help us accomplish our mission to shape the future of tomorrow and turn DB Schenker into a data-driven company, then we should get to know each other!
For our headquarters in Essen we are looking for you to join us at the next possible date in a permanent full-time position as
Head of Data Science (m/f)
Your role as Head of Data Science (m/f)
Your profile as Head of Data Science (m/f)
- In your new role, you are leading, nurturing and growing an agile team of Data Scientists with expertise in statistical modelling, machine learning, and other computational disciplines.
- You will work in close cooperation with internal Business Units and IT to define our data strategy, develop data-centric business models, ensure their deployment into production and optimize our machine learning infrastructure.
- You will consult business owners regarding data analytics potential and conduct related analytics projects. Additionally, you will align analytic problem solving methodology across these various projects and use cases.
- You will research novel machine learning practices to accumulate expertise on Big Data related tools and techniques.
- To continuously drive innovation, you will consult with IT for future enhancements of data models and Big Data infrastructure.
- As department head, you are also responsible for the management of the internal and external (partner) network.
About DB Schenker
- Excellent master's degree or PhD in a data-centric area such as applied mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science, engineering or equivalent professional experience
- Several years of practical industry experience in a Head of Data Science position in which you managed a team of Data Scientists, who develop robust machine learning models to solve actual business problems
- In addition, several years of industry experience in implementing Data Science or AI solutions
- Proficiency in R, Python and Spark as well as Big Data management (e.g., SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka) and understanding of good software development practises (e.g. TDD, refactoring, pair-programming)
- Demonstrated ability to translate business problems into quantitative analyses and insights
- Excellent communication skills in English, and preferably also German, as well as strong presentation skills, to both technical and business audiences
- Strong conceptual skills and innovation attitude, a passion to learn new approaches and technologies and for leading, coaching and developing a team
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 68,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move. With more than 2000 locations in over 130 countries, we are confident we have the right position for you.
Work Schedule: Full-time
How to Apply
Position fulfilled. Thanks for your interest.