We are looking for an experienced Java Developer to join our team in our office in Deventer.
Wolters Kluwer has made quite a transformation over the past years. Today more than 80% of our revenue comes from digital solutions. We are all about creating top-notch online services for a variety of professional customers worldwide. Most of what we do is driven by state-of-the-art software.
As a Wolters Kluwer Software Engineer you will create our digital solutions by working with the latest technologies. You are a key member of a geographically distributed development team working on various digital platforms and tools.
As the Java Developer you will work in a multidisciplinary, international team (DevOps). The primary focus of the team is to develop the Content Management System (CMS) on the basis of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
You will assess user needs and requirements on quality and convert these into specifications and software. Furthermore, you are responsible for the design, development and implementation of a high-quality scalable architecture with attention to detail. The development work will be done through the lifecycle of the CMS-system and can differ in each phase of the lifecycle.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Development of new software and adaptation of existing software;
- Take a proactive role during backlog-refinement (grooming) sessions on solutions for the requested requirements;
- Solving incidents;
- Analyze and improve the backend performance;
- Extradite software and documentation;
- Planning and reporting on progress in accordance with Agile.
Bachelor or master degree (preferably in computer science)
We are looking for a senior developer (with a minimum of 5-year experience) that has experience in working in agile teams using modern technologies like Java 8, Spring, REST webservices and different kind of datastores.
You should be able to adopt new technologies and concepts quickly and should always be interested in new upcoming tools and languages.
The development teams at Wolters Kluwer are working on international projects related to content management and processing. The current teams start to integrate local systems into the international environment.
- Frameworks like Spring, CXF, Hibernate
- Test Frameworks/Tools (JUnit, EasyMock, Approval testing, SoapUI)
- Atlassian Stack (BitBucket, Confluence, JIRA, Bamboo)
- Docker, Amazon ECS
- RDF triple stores / Graph databases, SPARQL
- Agile: Scrum, Kanban and DevOps
- Strong collaboration and listening skills
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a distributed, international, multicultural environment
- Responsive and flexible in handling critical support issues whenever they occur
- Strong analytical skills
Wolters Kluwer offers you a full time job (36 hours, 32 hours is also possible) in an international and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary and invest in your personal development. You will be based in Deventer.
You can apply via this link.
Keywords: Vacancy, Fulltime, Parttime, Deventer, Software Developer, Software Engineer