Jan 04, 2018
We're looking for a Senior Python/Django Developer to join our team.
We're a small but perfectly formed web software development studio based in Sydney. We attract clients who have fun, interesting problems, and we build web systems to solve those problems. Several of our clients are museums, cultural institutions and startups, so our work tends to have adventurous technology which we get to show off in exciting ways.
You're likely to work with a medley of technologies, ranging from API and database design, Django system design, through to testing, deployment and performance. We care deeply about the technologies we use—for example, we use Docker for scalable elastic deployments, we invest in automated testing and in building reusable products for our clients. Every so often you'll help to open-source our code, and to contribute to the open-source projects we like to use.
Strangely enough, knowledge of Python/Django isn't as crucial as being a good developer who is always keen to learn new technologies. Here's what we're specifically looking for:
- Experience in building products and platforms using web frameworks—in Django on Python ideally, but otherwise in two or more of Java, Ruby, PHP, Scala, and/or other object-oriented languages—it makes it a lot easier to pick up Django.
- Experience coding on your own time (or as a freelancer) is a requirement—you will need to show a strong developer ethic and self-directed learning.
- Basic experience with the *nix command line is a requirement—we use OSX/Linux on our development machines and servers.
- Experience using distributed version control systems such as Git or Mercurial.
- A computer science or related degree is preferred—in any case we will be looking for a combination of elegance and pragmatism in your code
The company is friendly, smart, and is led by developers, so you'll never feel like a cog in the machine—everyone has the chance to work on a challenging variety of projects, and to make decisions that steer the company as a whole. That's the way we like it; we hope you do too.
The IC Sydney office is in the heart of Chippendale, a 5 minute walk from Redfern or Central. On sunny days people sometimes work outside on our balcony. We provide big screens, comfy chairs, coffee, GoGet membership, and are always open to ideas for supporting our staff with extras.
Most of all, we care about protecting the work-life balance and mental health of our team. We have flexible working hours (with a core of 10am–4pm), yoga on Thursdays, extra birthday leave, and are open to work-from-home arrangements.
We are open to considering remote work (from a compatible timezone, we have a 10am Sydney time standup every day), or a 4-day/week engagement.
Salary range is AU$90–$140k + Super, depending on experience and awesomeness.
To Apply See how to apply section below
No recruiters, outsourcers or mortal enemies please.
Work Schedule: Full-time
How to Apply
Position fulfilled. Thanks for your interest.