Sep 11, 2017
We require a Software Engineer at Pole Star to help build and maintain our core Python based platforms and services. You will work closely with the Front End Developers, QA Engineers and with the Product Manager both in our Boston and London offices.
- Work in a small, agile team
- Identify production and non-production application issues
- Identify opportunities to fine-tune and optimize applications of projects both existing and upcoming.
- Provide direct support to the team’s development’s efforts, as and when requested
- Develop, test, implement and maintain application software working with established processes and procedures.
- Support formal testing and resolve test defects
- Create services and applications utilizing various programming languages
- Strong Python with Django
- JSON, REST, SOAP and RESTful Services and API’s
- Experience working with a JIRA bug-tracker
- Linux/Unix knowledge (Redhat/CentOS/Fedora)
- RabbitMQ and Redis experience
- Web development: HTML (HTML5 & CSS) and XML/XSL
- Knowledge of GeoServer or GIS services would be beneficial
- Some database and SQL knowledge, Oracle and/or PostgreSQL, Post GIS
- Jenkins, CI integration
Competitive Salary + discretionary company bonus (10% of basic salary)
3 x salary life assurance cover
25 days annual leave + UK public holidays
5% Contributory pension scheme
Private Health Insurance
Refer a friend recruitment bonus scheme
Annual Season Ticket Loan for your commute
Subsidised Gym Membership
Cycle to Work scheme
Exclusive staff discount on shopping & dining at Westfield, London W12
Discount online benefit portal, offering a wide range of discounts for high street retailers
Ability to buy and sell holiday
Why Work for Pole Star?
Our technology team are highly skilled, diverse and experienced in a wide-range of technologies to build cutting edge solutions to global challenges, some of the techologies we work with are; Python, Django, GeoServer, PostGIS, Java, AWS, Vagrant.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: 45,000 - 47,000
How to Apply
Position fulfilled. Thanks for your interest.