Sep 11, 2017
We require an experienced Software Engineer with strong commercial experience of Python at Pole Star, to build and maintain our core Python based platforms and services. You’ll work in a talented and interdisciplinary team, with a strong creative culture, and help us deliver high impact work. You will work closely with all facets both in our Boston and London offices.
- Find and identify new opportunities to fine-tune and optimize applications of projects both existing and upcoming.
- Designing, building, testing and documenting software and web applications in Python
- Support formal testing and resolve test defects
- Create services and applications utilizing various programming languages
- Identify production and non-production application issues
- Work in an agile/scrum team
- Four or more years of solid commercial Python experience
- JSON, REST, SOAP and RESTful Services and API’s
- Experience working with a JIRA bug-tracker
- Linux/Unix knowledge (Redhat/CentOS/Fedora)
- Experience in migrating legacy systems and knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- A strong drive and interest to learn new technologies quickly and work in a fast paced software development environment.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Web development: HTML (HTML5 & CSS) and XML/XSL
- Knowledge of Geo-Spatial technology or GeoServer
- Some database and SQL knowledge, Oracle and/or PostgreSQL, Post GIS
- Jenkins, CI integration
- RabbitMQ and Redis experience
- AWS experience
- Docker experience
Competitive Salary + discretionary company bonus (10% of basic salary)
3 x salary life assurance cover
25 days annual leave + UK public holidays
5% Contributory pension scheme
Private Health Insurance
Refer a friend recruitment bonus scheme
Annual Season Ticket Loan for your commute
Subsidised Gym Membership
Cycle to Work scheme
Exclusive staff discount on shopping & dining at Westfield, London W12
Discount online benefit portal, offering a wide range of discounts for high street retailers
Ability to buy and sell holiday
Why work for Pole Star?
Our technology team are highly skilled, diverse and experienced in a wide-range of technologies to build cutting edge solutions to global challenges, some of the techologies we work with are; Python, Django, GeoServer, PostGIS, Java, AWS, Vagrant.
At Pole Star, it takes a wide range of skills to develop, maintain and support the high-quality products for which we have become renowned. Each department, team and individual within the company plays a vital role in that process. From the initial idea to the development, testing and maintenance of products, through to winning the big deals and supporting the customer and our employees, everyone at Pole Star contributes to making the business a success and a great place to work.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000
How to Apply
Position fulfilled. Thanks for your interest.