You are a technically curious Backend Developer who loves the Devops side too and wants to be part of a core development product team. You have flirted with Devops scope before, love automation and definitely have an opinion on systems architecture?
You do understand (and maybe even have already harvested) the power of things like TDD, DDD, CQRS, AWS, Ansible, Terraform ?
Then apply for the position of Senior Backend Developer at VONQ and be part of our team that builds our flagship product, tools and APIs that serve global customers! #gettingthingsdoneright.
Senior Backend Developer
Rotterdam and / or Amsterdam, fulltime position (32 - 40)
You can be based either in Amsterdam or Rotterdam. The choice is yours!
As a Senior Backend Developer in the VONQ Product Team, you will be leading critical product development efforts and get your hands dirty in the implementation of our revised core platform & services. You'll be working closely with our CTO and our product development team. You will be developing new product offerings, improve existing ones, roll out products to production and ensure all works well in our DTAP. Key to success is automation. You have an opinion about it, and we'd love to hear it. You do not mind getting your hands dirty with some ansible or automating tools. Together we will be paving the path to Continuous Delivery!
What you actually will do
- Contribute to development process improvements through tools and automation and proper DTAP environment setup (working close to our devops engineer)
- Contribute to design and implementation of scalable and performing production
- Contribute to design and development of revised application platform on basis of big data technologies that fit current and future data usage scenarios (think of ELK stack)
- Lead design and implementation efforts of core applications, APIs and services
- Mentor team members and work with our dedicated devops engineer
- Safeguard enterprise product quality of APIs and GUIs
- Strengthen environment, data & application security
- Realize a path to Continuous Delivery
Which boxes do you tick?
(Psst...You do not need to tick all the boxes below in order to apply...)
What you see below, paints the ideal picture. Obviously, we also work well with people that have appetite to excel, foundation to build on and potential to succeed.
If things below are in your bucket list and dying to put your hands into, then do Apply!
"Our perfect picture":
- Bachelor degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum / Kanban)
- Product development experience - knowing what it takes to build a future-proof product...
- Fan and evangelizer of solid development practices (TDD, CI, provisioning etc.)
- Experience with rolling out products to production (incl. proper version mngt)
- Experience leading development efforts and aligning with FE engineers, Data designers and Devops
- Have worked before in distributed team is a plus
- Love to code (weapons of choice: Symfony, phpunit and phpspec for testing are in your armory)
- You see beauty in engineering (event sourcing, CQRS, event driven design, scalable architectures)
- Experience with solid API design is a big plus (used RAML / swagger before? great!)
- Experience working with Relational and nonRelational (NoSQL) Databases;
- Experience with scalable reporting solutions is a plus (think of Logstash / ElasticSearch / Kibana)
- Experience with multilayer application design & integrations and dependencies management
- Experience with TDD and end–to-end testing is plus
- Experience with data visualization projects is a big plus
- Experience with data driven products is a big plus
- Experience with AWS is a bug plus
- Have faced before monitoring and notifications and provisioning issues.
- You are very familiar with things like jenkins, ansible, terraform, zabbix, etc
- Excellent communication skills in English
Things we cherish
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Technical curiosity, critically open to new tools and technologies
- Caring for good, extensible architecture across board
- Good communicator (in English)
- Goal driven personality
- Lame jokes (what can I say...) & beer on Fridays and often BBQs at our terrace ;-)
What’s in it for you
First of all, you’ll be working with experienced colleagues with a strong vision on web development and software architecture, giving you a full intellectual challenge every day. Secondly you will be part of a vibrant and ambitious team of 12 different nationalities. Thirdly, you'll participate to meetups/conferences. You will enjoy BBQs at our terrace and multi-cultural potluck lunches. Oh.. and you will have fun!
- Laptop of your preferences and two extra screens on your desk
- Flexible working hours
- Time and budget for training
- 5 weeks paid holiday per year
- Good salary and additional incentives
- Fixed term contract with an option for perm
If you have any questions, please send an email to Marthe Blokker (Recruiter) -> marthe(at)vonq.com.
About VONQ & Job Marketing Platform
You will be contributing to our flagship product called Job Marketing Platform (JMP). It’s a (big) data-driven application with a recommendation engine to serve multiple personas. JMP incorporates the team’s learnings and best practices including CQRS and event sourcing. Although it’s a young product we’re practicing LEAN methodology to gradually evolve it in a modular way and having a very ambitious roadmap in mind.
Keywords: vacancy, Rotterdam, Amsterdam, PHP, product Engineer, Symfony, CQRS, big data, Devops, ansible, terraform, automation, AWS
Position:EmployeeWork Schedule:Full-timeRemote:NoRelocation:NoSalary:Excellent salary & benefits
- Flexible work hours
- Paid vacation
- Extra Monitor
Position fulfilled. Thanks for your interest.
Django is a registered trademark of the Django Software Foundation |
DjangoJobs is not associated with the Django Software Foundation