Talented Python Django Developer Edinburgh Uk at Mercurytide
Jan 12, 2017
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Agency life getting you down? Fed up of office politics and out of touch managers? Tired of being married to your desk?
Mercurytide is different!
We have a genuinely friendly and experienced team who will support you when you struggle and champion you when you nail it. Our directors don't sit in glass offices making unrealistic demands, they sit at the desk next to us as our co-workers and argue over who shot first…cough cough Han!
Our company has and will continue to grow via the input and decisions of the entire team, based both on formal team meetings as well as impromptu chats at the kettle. Our office is fairly chilled and you will have 3 options; listen to the office radio with optional cross office chat, put your headphones in and listen to your own beats, or start an epic elastic band battle with the testers.
Oh yeah, we have testers! They are like our office siblings; we are best of friends but they do insist on breaking everything we own. It's cool though, we don't have a blame culture...we don't find it to be very productive!
What you'll be getting up to:
What you'll get in return:
- Designing and building neat software for the web
- Chatting…ahem we mean planning...with other members of the team
- Solving dev world problems in the office...and real world problems in the pub!
- Working on a verity of solutions from e-commerce, bespoke applications, new products and for multiple industry sectors!
- When we say flexible hours we mean flexible hours!
- Private health insurance including dental and optical
- An extra day's holiday for each year of loyal service...long live The Empire!
- An invite to “The Real Coffee Club”, as well as their arch nemesis “The Biscuit Club”
- Free fruit to mellow out that caffeine and sugar come down
- Devs Assemble! Support from your fellow devs when the call comes
- Stability: Mercurytide is pushing 20 with a low staff turn around
- Pizza...tonnes of Pizza! Successful project? Pizza! New streamlined process? Pizza! matching socks? PIZZA!
- What you'll need:
Ideally you'll have experience with Python...and possibly Django
Or several years experience with another object orientated language. There will be a small coding test which you can do at home...we want to get to know you and we believe you don't truly know someone until you have read their code.
If that all sounds good then get in touch and we can have a proper chat.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: £30000 to £50000
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!