Director Of Development at Culture Map
Jul 26, 2013
With plans for expansion on the immediate horizon, there has never been a more exciting time to join CultureMap. We are looking for an experienced Python / Django developer to take the helm as Director of Development and help drive company growth and evolution.
Responsibilities include leading a small team of developers in the scaling, development, and maintenance of the website and its subsystems. This role interacts with editorial, marketing, sales, and the executive team to define and execute future development initiatives and collaborates closely with a UI/UX designer and art director on implementation.
CultureMap.com is written in Python / Django and utilizes several third party services like Amazon S3, Amazon SES, Google App Engine, etc.
- Amazon Services
- Google App Engine
- Ubuntu Linux Administration
- Mobile Web
- Google Enterprise Ad Serving
- BA/BS degree or relevant experience
- 7+ years of web development, social, and ecommerce experience
- Experience managing a lean development team with tight schedules
- Expertise creating highly-scalable web applications, ideally with Python / Django
- Knowledge of recommendation engines and algorithms
- Experience with social APIs (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest)
- Familiarity with Responsive Design
- Full-time position reports to Chief Digital Officer
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience; includes full benefits and 401K
- Candidate may live/work in Dallas, Austin or Houston.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!