Nov 14, 2016
The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) in Washington, DC is currently seeking a solid full stack web developer with at least 3 years of web frameworks experience using Django and Python, to assist with development of a complex business application for a large scale public-facing website. You will play a key role throughout the entire software development life cycle, seeing projects from beginning to end, working directly with project owners to create, implement, upgrade, optimize, and test features across multiple new and existing web properties.
The ideal candidate will be smart, creative, and possess the ability to think critically, write well, love to code, and can interact with clients. The person in this position will ask and help answer the question “how does this work and can it work better?” while providing innovative solutions to better the end user experience.
- Develop technical designs, implementing scalable solutions, and object-oriented design and analysis
- Collaboration with Business Units, and external and internal vendors
- Write technical specifications, participate in design reviews and provide input to design recommendations where necessary
- Participate in code reviews and acceptance process in order to improve methodology and delivery
- Perform unit testing and identify, troubleshoot and solve code-related issues as needed
- Contribute to the development of project estimates, scheduling and deliverables
- Major design and analysis responsibility
- Develop artifacts and perform post implementation support
- Troubleshooting and debugging complex issues
- Collaborate with IT managers and Technical Leads to track and report progress
- In-depth and current experience with Linux-based development
- Strong ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies
- Experience with scrum and Agile software development methodologies
- Understanding of the full lifecycle development process, including understanding business and functional requirements
- Advanced level knowledge of Python and understanding of Python best practices (PEP-8)
- Experience with a wide variety of programming languages and APIs, including Python, SOAP/REST, and Django
- Source control management tools, preferably Git and MetaApp
- Must have excellent communication and time management skills
- High energy, detail oriented, excellent communicator and a true team player.
- Direct experience in Django CMS, Usability Design, Analytics, SEO, Social Media or Mobile projects
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Excellent detail-oriented, problem solving skills and the ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
- Dependability and commitment to projects/tasks
- Experience with ElasticSearch and UX optimization is preferred
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills
- Been part of (or better yet, led) an Agile project
Work Schedule: Full-time
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!