- scientific solar
Nov 01, 2016
Python Developer - Remote in US
Join a team that is passionate about test-driven development, pair programming, short iterations, and continuous deployment.
Immediate need for experienced analytics experts who want to share their knowledge, save the world and learn new skills in a fun, intense and challenging environment.
Participate in daily standup, weekly iteration planning, and other as-needed face-to-face, audio- and/or video-teleconferencing sessions.
- Team with other engineers and product managers to describe, test, and build web-based and mobile applications.
- Analyze and implement product requirements and Users Stories.
- Write unit tests, integration tests, and acceptance tests.
- Implement new features and fix bugs in Python using SciPy, Pandas, MongoDB, PostGIS and other technologies.
- Produce Solar Installation analysis
- Produce Sales and Marketing analysis
- Work fixed hours, 7am - 4pm (PT), with occasional exceptions.
Ability to solve complex problems, communicate clearly, and share a sense of urgency.
- Python Development Experience - minimum 3 years
- Pandas, MongoDB, PostGIS
- Capacity to thrive in a small, flexible and dynamic environment of change with a high degree of risk, contributing to a high performance, low-stress corporate culture.
- Ability to produce runtime models for use directly in production
- Financial/scientific modeling
- Comfort with Linux, OSX, similar.
- git (or other source code management tools)
NICE TO HAVE
Knowledge and support of Agile (Kanban, XP) processes
- Experience in the solar energy field
- Test-Driven Development
- REST, JSON
- Performance queries
- Database tuning
- PostGIS, Google Maps integration or similar geospatial systems
- Machine Learning
- git-flow, github-flow, Continuous Integration/Deployment, dev-ops
- iOS or Android development experience
Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical degree with 2-3 years experience in general programming and python development, or
Equivalent experience of 5-7 years in general programming and python development.
Medical, Dental, paid vacation, Incentive Stock Option Plan.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: 80000 - 100000
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!