Backend Python Developer at Buzzcapture
- python django jobs in amsterdam
Aug 26, 2016
Are you passionate about big data, scalability problems or cool data visualisations? Do you want to join a company which has been chosen as one of the best media monitoring tools worldwide? Do you also want to work with passionate colleagues who are always in for some fun? The DevOps team at Buzzcapture is looking for you!
Backend Python Developer
We are working on the latest trends in media monitoring and for the second year in a row we have been chosen as one of the best media monitoring tools worldwide. Our data processing pipeline crunches terabytes of data and extracts millions of messages 24 hours a day. Data processing, analysis and visualization on this level present challenges on all fronts, demanding smart solutions which can scale reliably with minimal human attention.
Your tasks as a Backend Python Developer in this challenging process:
What do you bring?
- Working on the scalability (ElasticSearch) and performance of our products;
- Working on integrations with several social platforms and API’s;
- Ensuring high quality and on-time deliverables;
- Building on new products and redesigning old products.
Below are skills and experience we’re looking for. You might not tick all the boxes, but respond anyway if you feel you fit the profile:
What do we offer?
- 3 years of professional Python development experience (we work with Django framework);
- Development practices: automated testing, test driven development, continuous integration, scrum;
- Craftsmanship: teamwork, objected oriented design, design patterns;
- NoSQL (we use ElasticSearch) or other experience with database scalability;
- Excellent English skills, both written and oral.
- Working in an international team of 10 smart, enthusiastic developers;
- Working at a company which takes ownership of work, take pride in the quality of the system and strive to give the best customer-experience. We have an informal yet ambitious culture;
- Continuously learning new things and improving professionally;
- A competitive salary and nice fringe benefits like; working from home, laptop of choice, daily lunch and partly reimbursement of removal expenses if applicable.
- Next to all of this we of course enjoy some Friday drinks, celebrate monthly/quarterly meetings and when reaching targets.
At Buzzcapture, a team of passionate employees has worked together since 2006 to help businesses in online and offline reputation management. We make technology and strategy meet in the workplace. Developers and analysts work together to collect extensive and applicable insights. To generate these insights, we’ve developed software that assists communication professionals with advanced media analysis and market research. In 2016, Emerce (the most important multimedia platform in marketing, media and e-business in the Netherlands) has nominated us as the best social software of 2016!
For more information about this position you can give a call to Wouter Koot, Lead Developer and Scrum Master, 020 3200377.
Do you see yourself working at Buzzcapture as our new Backend Python Developer?
You can apply by sending your resume via the 'Apply'
We are looking for a EU-citizen. Direct applications only please, employment agencies and recruiters need not apply.
Agency calls not appreciated
Keywords: Job vacancy, Full-time, Amsterdam, Developer, Engineer.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Good employment conditions
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.