Jul 29, 2016
Are you the experienced Software Engineer who will be making an important contribution to hydroinformatics for KWR and the drinking water sector? Do you have excellent mathematic skills and able to cope under pressure? KWR is in search of a:
Software Engineer (Phyton) (32-40 hours)
We are looking for a Software Engineer to work across the organisation, in support of the hydroinformatic vision of KWR. The Software Engineer will be part of a team working under the supervision of the Chief Information Officer. What, among other things, will you’ll be doing?
- Collaborate with KWR water experts and end users, within applied research projects to design, develop and implement software products, including but not restricted to online databases, interactive websites, data analytics, simulation models and optimisation tools.
- You’ll actively engage with the domain experts to understand and co-develop the requirements of the software to be coded.
- adopt an agile development approach to ensure flexibility while keeping domain experts and end users involved at all stages of the process.
You are a highly experienced, enthusiastic and result-driven colleague. You are innovative, customer-oriented and are capable of planning and organising your work carefully. You are a team player, but also able to work independently. Furthermore a Software Engineer has the following capabilities:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar (a post-graduate degree would be valued but is not essential).
- Significant experience in programming with Python and in developing web applications (e.g. with Django).
- Between 5 and 10 years working experience in software development, preferably, but not necessarily, related to water and environmental applications.
- Experience in 'object-oriented programming' and 'Agile' working.
- Preferably experience in matrix oriented programming languages (preferably Matlab), Java and version control systems
- Excellent knowledge of English.
KWR is a challenging and engaged employer. We offer the space and opportunities for you to develop according to your own insights. Our excellent primary and secondary working conditions reflect the importance that we attach to a good balance between work and private life. And we work in conformity with the Water Industries collective labour agreement. With us you can developing high quality applied research software tools and products for the Water Sector together with 170 passionate colleagues in a modern work environment.
Hydroinformatics in KWR
Hydroinformatics provide the means to turn data into knowledge and then into informed decisions, directly supporting integrated urban water management. KWR works on the integration between knowledge domains while developing an overarching water-wise toolbox able to support Water Sector decisions and translate them into practical actions.
(i): value extraction from data (related to issues of big data, open access, data security, data interoperability and standards; smart meters, smart sensors and smart services)
(ii): Knowledge encapsulation into models and tools (related to issues of data exchange standardisation, model coupling, user-friendliness, code reusability and benchmarking)
(iii): ICT-supported transfer of water knowledge to end users (related to serious games, smart apps, scenario platforms, ‘smart’ homes and ‘smart’ cities).
Are you the experienced Software Engineer who will be making an important contribution to hydroinformatics for KWR and the drinking water sector?
If so, please send your CV and accompanying via the link in the application section below
For further substantive information about the position please contact Christos Makropoulos (Chief Information Officer) on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about the application procedure please contact Sonja Mous (HR Advisor) on 030 - 6069 559 or email@example.com.
No canvassing please.
Keywords: Vacancy, Fulltime, Utrecht, Software Developer, Software Engineer.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Excellent primary and secondary working conditions
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.