Senior Django Software Engineer at JAKT
- new york django jobs in NY python django developer jobs in new york
New York City,NY,United States
Jun 27, 2016
At JAKT we are an established yet growing design and development consultancy that uses technology to solve problems for startups and brands. We work with our clients on their goals and objectives and adopt the role of serving as Interim CTO and/or Creative Director for the duration of the engagement. We are looking to add an experienced Django developer to our team who thrives in a highly collaborative environment.
Our company culture is one of schedule and project flexibility, through which we encourage self-growth using cutting edge technologies for innovative, creative projects. At JAKT, our team members have exciting challenges every day and use each other for support. You will have the opportunity to influence not only how your applications are built, but also what they consist of, in the first place.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years professional experience in a web developer role
- 1-2 years Django and Django Rest Framework experience
- Proven history creating REST API clients for web and mobile clients
- Strong affinity for tackling complex business logic and problems
- Solid understanding of Git
- Unit testing in pytest, nose, or unittest
- Knowledge and experience deploying to Heroku and/or AWS (EC2, RDS)
- Payment processing and integration with several third party APIs
- Understanding of fundamentals important to maintainable, production scale applications: database admin, caching, documentation, scaling, CI, etc.
What we’d like to see
- Understands the benefits of close collaboration over individual genius
- Experience working with a cross functional team.
- Samples of apps you have done and/or your GitHub profile
What you will get
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Equal opportunity employer (EOE)
Work Schedule: Full-time
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!