Inhouse Developer For A Tech Company at Akimbo Connect
New York City,NY,United States
Jul 09, 2013
Akimbo LLC (Akimbo Connect), an growing tech company based out of Manhattan, is looking to add an experienced, full-time Python/Django developer to our team. We are looking for a media savvy Python programmer who can help to build out and maintain our current platform. The ideal candidate must have a thorough understanding of the Django framework, software white labeling, and web application development. Furthermore, it's imperative that the candidate is able to suggest platform improvements, brainstorm with our team, and translate the ideas (of non-developers) into tangible platform modifications. We work as a team, hours are flexible, and meetings are often casual.
Salary is competitive.
We are not looking to work with recruiters. Applications will only be accepted directly from candidates, and if we feel you are a good match, we would like for you to come to our office for an interview.
Skills & Requirements:
- 3+ years of Python/Django programming experience, preferably in a start-up environment
- Demonstrable real world experience developing web applications using Python/Django
- Experience in working with and constructing databases within the Django framework
- While no graphic design skills are required, you must have the ability to work with existing design documents
- Ability to work at a faced paced, growing company. Must be able to manage and work on parallel projects when appropriate
- Effectively manage development projects by providing realistic time frames
- Ideal candidate should be able to work independently as well as in tandem (or alongside) outsourced development teams
- Must have a general understanding of SEO, UX optimization, APIs, open source software, Django framework apps/plugins
- Should understand the concept of software white labeling, and how it applies to web applications
- Ability to translate the ideas & wireframes of non-developers into code and tangible platform enhancements
- Working on both back-end (admin) and user facing development projects with the ultimate goal of improving user experience
- Brainstorming and developing ways to improve our platform(s) across multiple devices
- Participating in daily meetings to provide status updates and suggestions
- Conduct necessary site maintenance, user interface improvements, and address feedback notes when appropriate
- Collaborating with non-developer team members to help turn ideas into platform enhancements
- Managing the development of platform white label applications for our clients
About Akimbo Connect:
Briefly, Akimbo Connect (akimboconnect.com
) is a premiere career development network & social web platform that has recently evolved into a growing and engaged community of members and their multimedia. Part of the business also involved the creation of custom online community networks (B2B) with a focus on career development, connectivity, and/or self-branding.
Please email us if you are interested, thank you!
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!