Sr. Software Developer (Python) at DuPont Pioneer
May 09, 2016
Sr. Software Developer (Python) – Encirca (ITA00001075)
DuPont has a rich history of scientific discovery that has enabled countless innovations and today, we're looking for more people, in more places, to collaborate with us to make life the best that it can be.
DuPont Pioneer is the world’s leading developer and supplier of advanced plant genetics to farmers worldwide. We are implementing leading-edge scientific research into applications being used to analyze and visualize data and drive decisions. We are looking for creative individuals with critical thinking skills to develop robust and innovative solutions to complex problems. DuPont Pioneer is a great place to work! We have talented and dedicated people and reward individual excellence. We have a tradition of high standards, quality products and exceptional service.
DuPont Pioneer is seeking a Senior Software Developer to analyze, design, develop, and implement well tested and high quality solutions for new or existing applications within an Agile/Scrum environment. The Senior Software Developer will collaborate daily with fellow Scrum team members to drive best practices and identify innovative strategies for successful software delivery.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with project manager, Scrum team, and other team members to design and develop software applications, data structures, and processes to meet the designated needs.
- Work on API and data team with a focus on back-end Python development in a Linux environment to support decision services applications via web services.
- This position will receive guidance and oversight from a senior engineer
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to implement robust and effective software solutions
- Experience and skills in multiple facets of software engineering
- Experience in the following technologies is required:
- 2-4 years of experience with Python and Bash scripting
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, or another RDBMS
- Development via SSH sessions and proficiency in using SSH for management of remote resources
- Development in a headless Linux environment
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience of infrastructure and deployment automation through scripting to build a continuous delivery pipeline
Preferred but not Required Skills:
- Experience in systems architecture and design
- Ability to learn quickly and an interest in using distributed computing to solve complex problems are highly desired
- Cloud computing including Amazon Web Services or Windows Azure
- GIS data processing preferably using PostGIS and/or GDAL
- Working in an Agile/Scrum team environment
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.