Nov 05, 2015
About Scientific Technologies Corporation
Take our technology from zero to hero, all while playing an important role in protecting public health! Scientific Technologies Corporation is a leading public health informatics company in the United States. We are developing a completely new product that will help local, state, and federal government entities manage immunizations more effectively. We need a flexible, go-getter who will develop our core software, integrating this new technology stack.
Job functions include building, maintaining, and refactoring all aspects of our new product development hosted on Amazon EC2. This includes internal/external APIs, new features for our Public Health platforms, and many of the exciting products we have planned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required
- Strong Python experience (preferably 2.x) required
- Must possess extensive knowledge of the Django framework (middleware, cache, custom managers, custom template tags)
- Must be ability to write Class Based Views code
- Gunicron, Supervisor and NGINX experience required
- Must have Experience working with Amazon Web Services
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with Postgres or other relational databases
- Experience with version control (Git)
- Contributions to open source projects
- Experience with Memcache, jQuery
- Your favorite IDE is VIM or emacs
- Experience with Ubuntu
Must be a United States citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Scientific Technologies Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.