Senior Django Developer at Catchafire
New York City,NY,United States
Jul 02, 2013
Catchafire is looking for a passionate, highly skilled, senior python engineer, with a social conscience, to work on world-changing software. Lots of companies claim they are trying to change the world for the better. The difference is this: we mean it, and we're doing it.
- 5+ years experience coding in Python
- 5+ years experience using the Django (or similar) web framework
- 5+ years SQL coding experience
- Experience scaling and administering full web application stacks
- Eagerness to learn and work at all levels of responsibility
- Working knowledge of source code control and unit testing
- Experience working in the social good sector
- Project leadership and management duties
- Experience scaling with MySQL and/or Django
- Experience using the Fabric for devops tasks
- Experience using a DVCS (Mercurial preferred)
- Experience with Apache, nginx, WSGI, South, caching systems
If you're truly awesome, and have some characteristic that you believe will compensate for lacking one of the key skills, just explain it in your submission
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!