- Cyber Security
San Francisco,CA,United States
Aug 08, 2015
EdgeWave is an innovative leader in the Cyber Security industry which is recognized as one of the fastest growing sectors in the technology marketplace. Established in 1998, we deliver effective and efficient security solutions across the full spectrum of business and government organizations. EdgeWave combines real-time human and artificial intelligence to anticipate, identify, and defend against the most sophisticated cyber adversaries. Receiving four 2014 Network Products Guide 'Best' Awards for ePrism Email Security and for iPrism Web Gateway, EdgeWave employees are rapidly shaping the future of cyber security.
Under the direction of Management and in collaboration with other Engineers this position is responsible for researching, designing, testing, and coding software for EdgeWave's Email Security products and other cyber security initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with management and other software engineers to research, design, and code both UI and backend software components.
- Develops bug fixes and implements software unit and regression tests to find errors and to confirm that software meets requirements.
- Plays an integral role for new product features as well as ongoing product maintenance.
- Conduct experiments and analyze large data sets to measure and improve performance of algorithms by incorporating accurate heuristics
- Works with Technical Support and QA to resolve issues.
- Develops required technical documentation as needed.
- Other duties as required.
Requirements and Experience
- 5+ years work experience programming in Java and/or Python in Web application software development – back and front ends
- Experience with Django, Django-REST Framework, Twisted, Jade and bootstrap preferred
- Strong database knowledge - experience with MySQL or Postgres preferred
- Experience writing unit tests - Jasmine+Karma+Grunt preferred
- Software development experience in Linux, Unix, or Macintosh.
- Self-starter with ability to communicate effectively.
- Experience with source control (e.g. Git or Mercurial).
- Experience with Big Data analysis and knowledge of NoSQL DBs preferred
- 4-year degree in Computer Science or equivalent qualifications and experience.
EdgeWave offers a creative and challenging work environment, a competitive benefit package including 13 paid holidays in 2015, three weeks of paid time off, increasing to four weeks of vacation after four years of service and a great environment for career growth. Put your career on the leading edge, and bring your talents to a much sought after high growth opportunity in technology, EdgeWave!
EdgeWave is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse work team (EEO/AA).
Rohnert Park, CA 94928 San Francisco
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: 110,000+ DOE
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!