Linguamatics is looking for a talented full-stack developer to build new customer-facing text analytics solutions for the pharmaceutical and healthcare markets. This is a new position, which requires a range of front-end and server side skills to produce well-engineered, responsive, easy-to-use applications.
The successful applicant will be a major contributor to the design, development and deployment of new products based around the core Linguamatics I2E platform and its Web Services API. As part of the Operations team, you'll also be working closely with development and business teams to create market-driven applications of the I2E software. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to help us deliver next generation search and text analytics solutions.
- Working with multiple teams and cross-platform to create new customer-facing solutions for the life science and healthcare sectors on top of Linguamatics' core products
- Design and coding of responsive, web-based interactive applications and interfaces in a rapid, iterative customer-centric development environment
- Integration of Linguamatics products with third party technologies to deliver enhanced value
- Automating the deployment & monitoring of Linguamatics' text mining products for on-site and remote use in the Cloud
- In depth experience of server-side development using Python and SQL database technologies; experience with Java and/or NoSQL technologies would also be beneficial
- Familiarity with RESTful web service APIs
- Practical understanding of web design and application frameworks, including Django
- A thorough understanding of cross-browser compatibility and developing for mobile devices
- Full cycle software engineering skills, e.g. OO design, design patterns, unit testing, automated builds
- A startup mentality to get things up and running quickly and a love of rapid, iterative customer-centric development
- Some familiarity with Big Data, Search or Text Analytics and products would be a plus
- Desire to keep abreast of the latest standards, e.g. W3C, WAI and Web 2.0/3.0 developments
- Self-motivated, with the ability to bridge multiple technical areas and work in cross-functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Degree from a top university or equivalent qualification in computer science, mathematics or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
This is the ideal opportunity to make your mark in a high growth company with leading edge technology that has a positive impact on people's lives. At Linguamatics, you'll be working on semantic search and text analytics software products that are used in the world's leading life science and healthcare organisations. Our innovative software based on natural language processing has received numerous accolades, and Linguamatics has recently been named as one of 100 Companies That Matter in Knowledge Management.
This is a challenging and exciting position in a growing, customer-focussed UK company with an established presence in the US and Europe, and an opportunity to work with leading-edge technology and great people. As a Linguamatics employee you'll receive a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunities for professional growth.