- full stack jobs in python full stack developer jobs
New York City,NY,United States
Mar 05, 2015
Tower Research Capital LLC
Founded in 1998, Tower Research Capital LLC is a leader in the thriving field of high-frequency trading. Working at Tower means collaborating with bright minds from around the world to create cutting-edge technology and tackle challenging technical problems. We are engineers and pioneers who use scientific principles to identify market opportunities and who think Mondays look better in jeans and a t-shirt than in a suit and tie.
As a Full Stack Python Developer, you will create and expand our in-house tools and help to develop an agile framework that adapts to quickly evolving business requirements. Your responsibilities will include:
- Playing a key role in our Python projects
- Contributing to all layers of our technology stack including backend services, databases, APIs and web-based user interface
- Working with and supporting other technical team members
- Liaising with business teams to develop informational systems
- Liaising with technical teams to develop systems and network interfaces
- Expert knowledge of programming concepts and object-oriented programming
- Fluency in Python and experience architecting large applications
- Strong knowledge of web programming specifics and experience in building web-based applications (Django experience a plus)
- Extensive experience working with relational databases and handling large datasets (MySQL experience a plus)
- Strong Linux skills
- Experience with web services, especially for facilitating interaction among multiple systems
- Exposure to systems and/or network automation and monitoring (a plus)
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
Additionally, we are seeking someone who is:
- Self-starting and can work autonomously in a larger team
- Committed to following best practices
- Keenly interested in developing technologies
- Enthusiastic about testing
- Able to learn quickly and take on new responsibilities as priorities change
- Organized and detail-oriented
Financial experience is not required.
Tower's main office and garden roofdeck are located in TriBeCa, a neighborhood in downtown Manhattan. While we work hard, Tower's cubicle-free workplace, jeans-clad workforce, and well-stocked kitchens reflect the premium the firm places on quality of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) with company matching
- Five weeks of paid vacation per year plus nine paid holidays
- Free breakfast, lunch, and snacks on a daily basis
- Free gym membership
- Free tickets to New York events, including the US Open and TriBeCa Film Festival
Tower and Ambrose Employer Group LLC are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all employees, including qualified employment applicants. The companies strive to maintain an environment free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, or any other protected category or characteristic as defined by federal, state, or local laws. This equal employment opportunity policy applies to all employment practices, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, advertising, promotion, transfer, reductions in force, social and recreational programs, training, employee development, compensation and fringe benefits, discipline, and termination.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!