The best instructors don't teach, they lead their students through a discovery process that fundamentally changes the way they think about problems and finding solutions in the future. Our program's main goal is to create self-sufficient problem solvers, and the process starts on day one by immersing the students in an intensive, collaborative, and supportive environment with great curriculum and teachers with real-world engineering experience. RocketU is looking for instructors who want to teach software engineering fundamentals and intermediate skills in a Python/Django stack.
We are hiring for full-time positions in San Francisco, CA.
Skills and Experience
As a RocketU instructor, you will:
- Lead classroom lectures and support students with assignments and project work.
- Monitor progress of students and insure that relevant material is covered thoroughly.
- Monitor students to insure full engagement with challenging course material, and * that students are fully utilizing the class resources.
- Provide input to iteratively improve class curriculum.
- Provide input to improve class resources.
- Create a positive and engaging learning experience alongside a like-minded staff who are committed to creating a best-in-class learning experience.
A qualified applicant for this position will have:
- 5+ years industry experience as a software developer.
- 3+ years experience with Python and Django.
- 1+ year experience working with Angular JS would be a great bonus!
- 3+ years experience with MVC frameworks and REST methodology.
- Practical experience with Agile teams and version control (specifically git and GitHub).
- Excellent communication skills, and an enjoyment of taking Q&A about subjects that you love.
Excellent salary DOE + generous benefits.
225 Bush St, 12th Floor, San Francisco CA, 94104
About the Company:
RocketU is part of RocketSpace, a leading technology campus that is home to over 175 startups and has hosted major players including Uber, Spotify and Zappos. With over 70,000 square feet of premium office space in downtown San Francisco, RocketSpace is one of the world's most acclaimed technology coworking spaces.