Lead Python Developer at Ostmodern
Nov 26, 2014
We're looking a for lead developers to join our existing team and help us oversee the implementation and delivery of our projects. Ideally you will be opinionated in your tastes as to how you approach problems, but also open to ideas and have a pragmatic streak that helps deliver them.
At Ost we're known in the industry mainly for our video-based work, but we've recently won awards for the Arsenal FC site http://www.arsenal.com/home, recently launched the shiny new BFI player http://player.bfi.org.uk/ and we've also built healthcare applications which are now being used by healthcare professionals.
There will be plenty of opportunity to stay hands on with code and widen your skills into other technologies as we are hoping to break into Smart TV application development to increase our offering to clients as part of our recently developed video platform.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Plan and architect projects and their technical solutions to a high standard.
- Support projects with Devops/Sysadmin expertise, setup of deployment and testing environments.
- Communicating with multi-disciplinary internal and external teams to ensure high quality project deliveries.
- Support more junior members of staff, assisting in their development (as individuals) and reviewing their code.
- Stay up to date with the latest technology developments and be prepared to present them internally and to clients
- Python and well-known MVC frameworks Django and Flask
- Git in conjunction with github and git-flow
- Deploying projects using tools such as Jenkins
- Vagrant and Puppet/Chef
- Familiar with Debian/Ubuntu and the CLI
Would be great if you knew about these:
- Other linux distributions such as CentOS
- Front-end technologies (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Front-end frameworks and libraries (such as Grunt, SASS, Bootstrap)
- Caching systems and non-relational databases
- OVPs and Video players
Work Schedule: Full-time
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!