Telecommute ( Us Only ) Fulltime Senior Python Django Developer at JBS inc.
Nov 18, 2014
JBS develops custom software solutions for a wide range of clients ranging from small technology start-ups to large Fortune 500 retailers.
JBS, Inc. is a custom software solution provider looking to hire additional senior developers and architects.
JBS specializes in high volume web applications based on open source technologies as well as the Microsoft platform.
We are looking for developers who meet the following criteria:
- 3+ years working with Python (php knowledge a strong plus)
- Experience with Python web frameworks,specifically Django
- 3+ years working with relational database systems such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience with NoSql databases such as MongoDB
- Feels comfortable and has experience working in a Linux environment, specifically Ubuntu
- Experience with installing/configuring/running Apache
- Experience building and designing REST-based web services using JSON
All JBS developers work remotely so the position also requires a high degree of independence and self-motivation.
Perks and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k).
More About JBS:
JBS was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in the greater Philadelphia area. The company’s first client was a local start-up, Music123.com
, which was working to launch an e-commerce business in the midst of the dot com boom. JBS partnered with Music123.com
and developed the company’s e-commerce site, fulfillment systems, call center, and warehouse systems to help power the firm to 45M in annual revenue in less than 3 years. Soon after, Music123 was acquired by Guitar Center and Guitar Center remains a key JBS partner to this day.
Through the years we have added several other partners but the story remains the same. We view our client relationships as long term partnerships. We know that if we do good work, understand the underlying business model, and provide a successful implementation, then more work will follow. We believe technology drives growth, and growth drives more development. Thus, our main goal is to help our partners grow via technology.
Awards and recognition
JBS and the custom solutions we've built for our clients have beeen recognized with industry awards from:
- 2012 Philly 100 Member
- 2012 Inc5000 Member
- 2012 Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce Technological Excellence Finalist
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!