Oct 15, 2014
Associate Software Engineer (Django/Python)
Education Advisory Board
Keywords: Django, Python, Agile
Are you a talented junior Software Engineer looking for that next step? Do you want to develop software using cutting edge technology in a high-impact environment? Do you want to work alongside a highly talented team of engineers to solve real-world problems? Well then we want you.
The current opportunity is based in Washington, DC.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Design and develop web applications and application components for our Higher Education team
- Conduct peer code reviews across the development team
- Work with geographically distributed development and delivery teams in an agile environment
- Develop and maintain automated tests, helping to improve software quality through automated and manual testing
- Work closely with product management to aid solution development and communicate requirements across all teams
Associate Software Engineer (Level I)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field, OR equivalent work experience
- Experience designing and developing database applications using SQL and understanding of Oracle
- Experience in Django/Python development
- Experience with 1 of the following bullets:
Database application or ETL development
Development in a Unix or Windows environment
Experience with OOD, UML modeling tools and the use of design patterns
- Ability to work with Software Engineers and Senior Software Engineers in requirements and design of product features
- Experience working with large volumes of data
- Familiarity with DevOps
- Software design experience using object-oriented patterns
- Experience designing and developing database applications using SQL
- Ability to set individual priorities and solve complex issues
- Proven communication skills, especially in the context of working with geographically distributed teams
- Flexibility to work across a variety of software-related disciplines: solution design, agile development, unit testing, refactoring, and build/deployment automation
- Experience with having primary responsibility for delivering a significant project
Perks (A Few Of Many):
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service (up to 10 hours per month)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here
The Advisory Board Company (NASDAQ: ABCO) is a global technology, research and consulting firm partnering with 150,000 leaders in 3,700+ organizations across health care and higher education. We combine the expertise of our 2,200+ employees around the world to find solutions to the most pressing challenges in health care. Our performance technology products offer user-friendly, Web-enabled dashboard platforms with tremendous analytic capabilities that generate more than $500 million in realized value annually for our members. These solutions focus on strategically important areas, including physician alignment, revenue cycle, accountable care, and surgical profitability. We thrive on innovation and the knowledge that we are creating real change in an industry that matters to everyone.
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!