Python Developer at Hive
Sep 15, 2014
Hive are a rapidly growing business providing online execution of “Intelligent” Sales Promotions to leading brands using our unique proof-of purchase coding system. We have run promotions and loyalty programmes for well-known brands including Andrex, McVities, PG Tips, Cow & Gate, The Sun, Anchor, Lurpak and Jus-Rol.
At Hive we have developed great team spirit with a relaxed atmosphere that promotes an effective and creative working environment. We are looking for an innovative person who is passionate about creating quality code.
We’re currently expanding our development team and are seeking a Python developer. This is an important and challenging role where you will enjoy working close to the business, jumping between “code-detective” and “developer” mind-sets, supporting the evolution of Hive's technology.
You will join our development team and work on refining and enhancing our Django-based promotional platform. The role involves:
- Writing new functionality for client projects
- Maintaining and upgrading the Hive Platform and server infrastructure
- Providing technical support for the platform
You should be able to demonstrate excellent programming and team-working skills that will allow you to thrive in this environment. The ideal person will be able to show passion and enthusiasm for all aspects of web development.
You must have:
- Your own transport to commute to our location
- First class OO programming skills
- Experience programming with Python and Python frameworks, ideally Django
- Experience working with SQL databases and SQL
- Experience developing within a *NIX OS
- Experience using DVCS tools, e.g. Git or Mercurial
- The ability to prioritise, manage your own workload, and work well in a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to converse with people at all levels, especially non-technical
Nice but not essential:
- Familiarity with DevOps environments
- Notable developer-community interactions: e.g. Accounts for Stackoverflow, Github, (public) Bitbucket, LinkedIn, or similar
- Experience working directly with clients and 3rd party suppliers
- Experience working for a small company
We’re about 40 strong and based in a purpose built office located on a working farm in the beautiful Leicestershire countryside close to Leicester, Nottingham and Loughborough. You’ll need your own transport, however we’ve plenty of parking spaces!
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!