Software Developer-Django at Vessel.io
San Francisco,CA,United States
Aug 26, 2014
Vessel is a powerful platform designed for product managers and marketers to convert their mobile app users into customers. We make it easy for our clients to engage, optimize and monetize their users without complex engineering. Our goal is to make the dumb apps on your mobile, as smart as your smartphone.
Vessel is a VC-backed company and a graduate of 500 Startups (see some recent coverage on us in Techcrunch and TheNextWeb), we are passionate about creating world-class solutions for mobile marketers. We already processing over 1bln+ data points per month and working with cutting-edge technology to scale and serve 100mln+ devices every day.
1. Love big data problems? We’ve got plenty of them.
2. Are you a wizard at mobile SDKs? We’re always looking for more Gandalfs to add to the team.
3. Excited to be an early contributor to growing team in a MASSIVE industry with tremendous potential.
To qualify for consideration you have:
- Great attitude with lets get it done mind set
- Strong sense of ownership
- High degree of self-motivation
- Desire to participate and learn new technology
- Education in Computer Science (BS / MS) or amazing experience
You possess the following skills:
- 2+ years of experience in Python, Django
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Experience building and designing REST-based web services using JSON (Django Rest Framework).
- Working understanding of agile software engineering processes and methodologies
- Must be detail-oriented, with strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- High degree of self-motivation; must be able to plan and execute work both independently and as a team member.
- Experience in building data processing pipelines / using big-data technologies like: Hadoop, Storm
- Experience with Cassandra is a plus
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: $80,000 - $100,000
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!