Python Django Web Developer at Atlatl Software
Jul 31, 2014
Atlatl™ Software is in the process of developing and marketing several Sales Resource Planning (SRP™) applications. “DART™” includes two (2) modules: the Product Configuration Module and the Quote Management Module. “SPEAR™” is a customer relationship management-like application. It utilizes what we call a “Customer Engagement Engine” to help salespeople become more effective and successful.
We are looking to hire an experienced Web Developer proficient in Python, Ruby and Django to join our software development team.
Specific Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to):
- Work directly with our existing team of web developers to obtain a firm understanding of the structure of the database and the code base (current state).
- Work with the team to identify new features. Help write Gherkin user stories that support the features.
- Learn Cucumber (Behavior Driven Development). Convert user stories into code and set up automated acceptance test for new features.
- Assist in the development of user stories.
- Work closely with Atlatl personnel to identify and fix software discrepancies (bugs).
- Work with Atlatl’s Principal Consultants, UX and Visual Design Department (as required) to design and then develop additional functionality required to meet specific customer’s needs.
- Work with Atlatl’s Quality Assurance department to support any additional product testing.
- Support the UNITY team when integration between the Product Configuration Module and the Quote Management Module is required.
- Support teams working on future products (e.g. Product X) when integration between the future product and the Web-Based solution is required.
- Become a technical advisor to other departments within Atlatl.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills.
- Passion for product quality and attention to detail.
- Comfortable with rapid development cycles, tight schedules.
- Proven problem solving skills, and communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- 5 to 10 years of experience building client facing applications.
- 3 to 5 years of experience architecting and building complex Web applications that support 1000's of users in a multi-tenant environment.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience with Python, Ruby, Django, JSON and object oriented programming
- 2 to 3 years working in an Agile team environment desired.
- Test driven development and continuous integration experience preferred.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- HTML/CSS experience a plus.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!