Senior Django Developer at Parakeet
Jul 03, 2014
As an employee for the team you will have the opportunity to define and implement our web customer portal. More project information is available upon request. With your knowledge of the latest web development tools and methodologies you will:
- Develop the back-end parts of the new Parakeet vacation rental platform.
- Optimize the system for production.
- Work closely with the front-end, mobile, and device developers.
- 5-8 years of experience developing scalable solutions
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Solid experience with Python/Django, Django Rest Framework, REST, Cloud deployment
- Experience with Relational database design and scaling
- Experience with agile development methodologies, continuous integration, test-driven development and GIT version control
- Other technologies: Redis Queue, Heroku, AWS, S3, Mandrill
- Experience in mobile a plus
- Experience in UI/UX a plus
- Experience in mobile app development a plus
Parakeet’s goal is to establish parity between the convenience of hotels and the convenience of vacation rentals. Our first offering is electronic lock service. This allows travelers to skip the difficulty of arranging their schedules around picking up keys during office hours or meeting the property manager at a scheduled time. Travelers just use their phone as a key to open the door. For property managers manpower is saved by not having to dispatch an employee to open the unit (and it’s more secure).
Our electronic lock service will act as a springboard to offer additional services. We will offer hotel services and concierge services. Hotel services will include housekeeping and meal delivery (room service) which can be requested directly from our mobile app. Concierge will include research local restaurants and events with content from popular portals such as Yelp but with the property manager able to add featured/preferred listings.
Parakeet = better trips for travelers + easier management for property companies
Work Schedule: Full-time
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!