Full Stack Engineer at Storybird
- Full stack developer
New York City,NY,United States
Jun 10, 2014
lets anyone make art-inspired stories in seconds and has become one of the world's fastest-growing story platforms—an indispensable tool for millions of writers, readers, artists, and educators. It's also attracted the same investors behind Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and Pinterest.
We're one part real-time publishing, one part educational platform, and one part social network. It's a gummy mix that's a big engineering, product, and community challenge. We're looking for passionate teammates who can help us build an elegant environment for people to tell their stories. Critical thinkers who are pragmatic, independent, opinionated, and ridiculously talented.
Full stack engineers take ownership of key features and work hand-in-hand with designers and product leads to build elegant and engaging products. We look for Python/Django experts with strong production experience who optimize for speed at every part of the stack.
- Write and maintain elegant code
- Design and code features that shape how people experience Storybird
- Work to continually improve code quality and site reliability
- A history of high quality production web apps
- Ability to turn initial designs into functioning features
- Passion (as seen in your apps and side-projects)
- Easy-going personality (team fit is crucial)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (we value clarity)
- Results focused (you maintain a high signal to noise ratio)
- Great product—the world’s fastest growing narrative entertainment platform
- Seasoned team backed by A-list investors
- Chance to flex and make a deep impact
- Competitive salary with great perks
This job is open to North American candidates. Storybird is a (highly functional) distributed team with members in NY, SF, TO, etc. We use Slack, Trello, Asana, and Hangouts daily, run dev meet-ups regularly, and host company retreats once-a-year.
New York, Toronto, San Fran, Remote...
Work Schedule: Full-time
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!