Full Stack Engineer - Python/Django at Sawhorse Media
- full stack jobs in python django full stack python programmer in soho fulll-stack engineer in nyc
New York City,NY,United States
Apr 22, 2014
We’re looking for a talented Django/Python engineer to join the team. Our site Muck Rack (http://muckrack.com) connects journalists with PR pros, companies and sources. Journalists use Muck Rack to build portfolios, track the success of their articles and connect with colleagues. Companies use Muck Rack to get more press and receive real time alerts when they're mentioned in the news. You can check it out at muckrack.com or find out more about our company at http://sawhorsemedia.com.
An ideal candidate understands what makes great (and maintainable) code, as well as a feel for what makes for good user interactions. Experience working on software-as-a-service sites or working at a startup is a plus.
We want you to feel ownership and excitement about what you're building, and as a part of a small startup you'll have a lot of influence to shape the company and engineering direction overall.\
Python, Django, Celery, Sass, Redis, Memcached, Solr, Nginx, Gunicorn, Varnish, Ansible, Github, Linode
- 3+ years of production Django experience
- Highly skilled at Python. Passionate about writing great code and an adherent to the Zen of Python
- Experience working in a fast paced development environment with testing, continuous integration and multiple daily deployments.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work closely with designers and product managers
- Highly honed ability to use emoticons and reaction gifs in inter-office chat
- Flexibility, great problem-solving skills, and sense of humor
- Interested in journalism, news, media or social media
- Familiarity with managing Linux servers, especially with tools such as Ansible
- Worked at or founded a startup
- Skilled at moving Trello cards from the left to the right
This position is based primarily out of our SoHo office, but with the added flexibility of also working from home, a café, or wherever you're at your best.
We think our company's a pretty awesome place to work! Some of the bigger benefits are:
- Work on multiple, interesting projects.
- We're funded by our customers, not venture capitalists.
- Big decisions are made by our team, not a board of directors.
- We run a real business that makes money.
- As a startup, it's more fun and more flexible than working at some big company.
- Drawing on desks is highly encouraged (we have whiteboard desks!)
- Convenient location in SoHo near many fine coffee shops, stores, restaurants and subway lines
- Work on products that reach a huge audience
- Everyone at our company, even the CEO, uses Github
- We also created and run the Shorty Awards (http://shortyawards.com) which honors the best of social media every year and reaches millions. There's the chance to meet the famous people who stop by our office or are part of the show, and you'll be invited to the annual gala awards ceremony.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!