- hire devops engineer in san francisco django devops jobs in san francisco
San Francisco,CA,United States
Mar 27, 2014
Job ID: 12142
Location: US-CA - San Francisco
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
If you are passionate about tackling the most difficult (and interesting) problems out there, we have a terrific opportunity. Utilizing emerging technologies on the frontend such as modern JS frameworks, Sass, HTML5, CSS# and scaling the backend to tackle a robust graph data structure through the application of technologies such as NoSQL, Hadoop, MapR, Cassandra, titian and python to tie it all together; you will help millions find a path to their dream career through continued education.
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to be an integral part of our balloon team and work closely with the engineering and product management. You will be responsible for managing and keeping our skills marketplace application up and running, as well as building out our infrastructure to support future platform applications. Your work will directly impact the experience users have with our products.
- Work closely with the engineering and product management teams.
- Ensure security of the production, systems and applications for an AWS infrastructure with the current software stack: Django, RDS (MySQL), CDN w/Amazon CloudFront, PlayFramework, Cassandra, ElasticSearch.
- Implement, administer, and maintain our databases, local and cloud-based servers including provisioning, backups and restores, upgrades, and monitoring.
- Assist with other web development with Python, Django and algorithm development as needed.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge and proven skill with cloud-based provisioning, monitoring, and troubleshooting (preferably AWS).
- Knowledge and proven skill designing and managing a multiple environment comprised of: product, prodclone, QA, development and stability.
- Experience supporting operation of agile development team, using software stacks based on Python, Java (or similar).
- Knowledge of *nix server environments.
- Knowledge of system management tools (preferably Chef).
- Knowledge of release engineering tools (preferably Jenkins).
- Good communication and technical writing skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced start up environment where IT solutions are critical to business success.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct experience working in development operations, systems and/or network engineering is required.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Information Systems or an equivalent combination of formal education and directly related experience, is required.
Apollo Education Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity.
Apollo Education Group, Inc. is one of the world's largest private education providers and has been in the education business for approximately 40 years. The company offers innovative and distinctive educational programs and services both online and on-campus at the undergraduate, masters and doctoral levels through its subsidiaries: University of Phoenix, Apollo Global, Institute for Professional Development and College for Financial Planning. Apollo Group manages the world's largest online learning platform with over 500K students earning certificated, associates, bachelors and advanced degrees in the US and over 46 countries. It manages the world's largest ground based campus network with 220 separate campuses throughout the world. Apollo Group has over 1 million alumni and has served over 3 million students online and its ground based institutions. Apollo Group manages the largest digital marketing platform with over 90 million unique visitors to its educational web properties. Its student service and support platforms handle over 5 million individual phone calls and 1 million financial transactions a year. The company develops proprietary learning platforms, analytics engines, mobile systems and databases with over 5 petabytes of learning data and insight. Apollo Group maintains relationships with over 2,000 corporate partners and companies for whom it provides educational services, students and capabilities. Among its schools and institutions, Apollo Group manages the largest business school in the United States. It educates more teachers, nurses, criminal justice, and IT professionals in the country.
Apollo Education Group created Apollo Lightspeed LLC in 2013 to launch and grow innovative products and services with the speed, focus and boldness of a high-growth startup. Its ultimate vision is to transform the distribution, pricing and consumption of learning worldwide, and to create learning experiences that are light-years ahead of what's currently available. Apollo Lightspeed's groundbreaking initial venture, Innovator's Accelerator, teaches business executives how to cultivate innovation within themselves and their organizations. Designed and taught by some of the world's leading authorities on innovation- Innovator's Accelerator provides insights and tools through a multimedia learning platform to help turn executives into innovators ready to be the catalyst for change.
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume/CV via the Apollo Education Group Careers website (See How to Apply Section Below)
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!