- San Francisco US Full-Time Python Jobs in San Francisco senior software engineer in San Francisco python django coders in San Francisco
San Francisco,CA,United States
Mar 26, 2014
Job ID: 11707
Location: US-CA - San Francisco
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
If you are passionate about tackling the most difficult (and interesting) problems out there, we have a terrific opportunity. Utilizing emerging technologies on the frontend such as modern JS frameworks, Sass, HTML5, CSS# and scaling the backend to tackle a robust graph data structure through the application of technologies such as NoSQL, Hadoop, MapR, Cassandra, titian and python to tie it all together; you will help millions find a path to their dream career through continued education.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join a newly assembled team to manage and provide technical expertise to the design, development and launch of software applications/products.
- Lead and manage the design, development, testing and launch of web applications using Django and related technologies.
- Work with data scientist to implement developed algorithms into production code.
- Day to day maintenance and execution of existing patterns and on occasion you will need to carry out new technology to support organization's need.
- Craft beautiful and well-documented code, follow best practices, hit deadlines, exercise professionalism & maintain active interest in the overall success of what we are building.
- Track and report the status of projects on various teams, acting as a gateway through which work should be assigned to appropriate teams while ensuring that project scope is adequately defined.
- Ensure that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines.
- Server as technical lead in product/team meetings.
- Maintain and increase professional and technical knowledge and currency by attending workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of non-traditional storage backends such as: Redis, Titan, Neo4J
- Knowledge of modern client side frameworks such as: Ember.js, Angular.js, Backbone.js
- Experience building backend technology for web & mobile products.
- Experience in launching products using full stack Django development.
- Experience with SQL, MySQL, NoSQL database technologies.
- Experience developing in Linux-like environment.
- Experience with AWS-related stacks, shell scripting, and Chef.
- A minimum of 3 years leading the design, development, testing and launch of web application development.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience coding in Python with Django or tightly related frameworks.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience writing & interfacing with web services (REST/SOAP).
- A Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or an equivalent combination of formal education and directly related experience, is required.
Apollo Education Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity
Apollo Education Group, Inc. is one of the world's largest private education providers and has been in the education business for approximately 40 years. The company offers innovative and distinctive educational programs and services both online and on-campus at the undergraduate, masters and doctoral levels through its subsidiaries: University of Phoenix, Apollo Global, Institute for Professional Development and College for Financial Planning. Apollo Group manages the world's largest online learning platform with over 500K students earning certificated, associates, bachelors and advanced degrees in the US and over 46 countries. It manages the world's largest ground based campus network with 220 separate campuses throughout the world. Apollo Group has over 1 million alumni and has served over 3 million students online and its ground based institutions. Apollo Group manages the largest digital marketing platform with over 90 million unique visitors to its educational web properties. Its student service and support platforms handle over 5 million individual phone calls and 1 million financial transactions a year. The company develops proprietary learning platforms, analytics engines, mobile systems and databases with over 5 petabytes of learning data and insight. Apollo Group maintains relationships with over 2,000 corporate partners and companies for whom it provides educational services, students and capabilities. Among its schools and institutions, Apollo Group manages the largest business school in the United States. It educates more teachers, nurses, criminal justice, and IT professionals in the country.
Apollo Education Group created Apollo Lightspeed LLC in 2013 to launch and grow innovative products and services with the speed, focus and boldness of a high-growth startup. Its ultimate vision is to transform the distribution, pricing and consumption of learning worldwide, and to create learning experiences that are light-years ahead of what's currently available. Apollo Lightspeed's groundbreaking initial venture, Innovator's Accelerator, teaches business executives how to cultivate innovation within themselves and their organizations. Designed and taught by some of the world's leading authorities on innovation- Innovator's Accelerator provides insights and tools through a multimedia learning platform to help turn executives into innovators ready to be the catalyst for change.
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume/CV via the Apollo Education Group Careers website (See How to Apply Section Below)
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!