- San Francisco fulltime frontend python jobs California django jobs front-end python jobs in senior front-end developers
San Francisco,CA,United States
Mar 26, 2014
Job ID: 12140
Location: US-CA - San Francisco
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
If you are passionate about tackling the most difficult (and interesting) problems out there, we have a terrific opportunity. Utilizing emerging technologies on the frontend such as modern JS frameworks, Sass, HTML5, CSS# and scaling the backend to tackle a robust graph data structure through the application of technologies such as NoSQL, Hadoop, MapR, Cassandra, titian and python to tie it all together; you will help millions find a path to their dream career through continued education.
We are seeking a front-end developer to join a newly assembled team to build from the ground up a skill market place that will help solving the US's professional skill shortest problem. At its core, Balloon is a platform that connects consumers, employers, and educators, helping people to realize their skillset, their potential to stay on the forefront of the current volatile employment environment. If you are passionate about building great UI/UX for web and mobile scale products using the latest technologies, and have what it takes, please apply.
- Develop responsive design cycle including but not limited to: working with the design team to conceptualize, execute against that design, optimize against that function for speed, scale, and user experience.
- Provide moderate to small amount of UX and design work for the site.
- Provide day-to-day maintenance for execution of existing patterns.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Experience with a CSS Preprocessor (less/sass/etc.).
- Experience with Adobe creative suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Fireworks), Dreamweaver or other design/development tools.
- Direct Experience conceptualizing and implementing responsive design cross multiple devices.
- Experience with Bootstrap.
- Experience in a fast paced, can-do environment.
- Understanding of how html/JS implementation can impact search engine optimization.
- Understanding of REST based services and how to consume within the client environment.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with HTTP, HTML, HTML5, CSS and CSS3
- A minimum of 3 years of direct experience with one of the popular JS frameworks (Backbone, Ember, etc.)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with front end optimization and performance techniques.
- A Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or an equivalent combination of formal education and directly related experience, is required.
Apollo Education Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity.
Apollo Education Group, Inc. is one of the world's largest private education providers and has been in the education business for approximately 40 years. The company offers innovative and distinctive educational programs and services both online and on-campus at the undergraduate, masters and doctoral levels through its subsidiaries: University of Phoenix, Apollo Global, Institute for Professional Development and College for Financial Planning. Apollo Group manages the world's largest online learning platform with over 500K students earning certificated, associates, bachelors and advanced degrees in the US and over 46 countries. It manages the world's largest ground based campus network with 220 separate campuses throughout the world. Apollo Group has over 1 million alumni and has served over 3 million students online and its ground based institutions. Apollo Group manages the largest digital marketing platform with over 90 million unique visitors to its educational web properties. Its student service and support platforms handle over 5 million individual phone calls and 1 million financial transactions a year. The company develops proprietary learning platforms, analytics engines, mobile systems and databases with over 5 petabytes of learning data and insight. Apollo Group maintains relationships with over 2,000 corporate partners and companies for whom it provides educational services, students and capabilities. Among its schools and institutions, Apollo Group manages the largest business school in the United States. It educates more teachers, nurses, criminal justice, and IT professionals in the country.
Apollo Education Group created Apollo Lightspeed LLC in 2013 to launch and grow innovative products and services with the speed, focus and boldness of a high-growth startup. Its ultimate vision is to transform the distribution, pricing and consumption of learning worldwide, and to create learning experiences that are light-years ahead of what's currently available. Apollo Lightspeed's groundbreaking initial venture, Innovator's Accelerator, teaches business executives how to cultivate innovation within themselves and their organizations. Designed and taught by some of the world's leading authorities on innovation- Innovator's Accelerator provides insights and tools through a multimedia learning platform to help turn executives into innovators ready to be the catalyst for change.
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume/CV via the Apollo Education Group Careers website (See How to Apply Section Below)
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!