Senior Software Engineer - Architecture at Eventbrite
San Francisco,CA,United States
Feb 07, 2014
At Eventbrite, we are building technology to effortlessly create, manage, discover and attend live events. We are growing rapidly and are looking for outstanding software engineers to help our architecture team build and design for the next generation of our development platform.
Eventbrite is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our architecture team! The architecture team is responsible for Eventbrite’s public API, as well as designing and building core frameworks and services to help Eventbrite scale and improve the agility of our other development teams.
Our ideal candidate thrives on finding elegant solutions to complex problems and brings a deep understanding of engineering for the web and building for scale, in terms of traffic, team size and codebase complexity. Eventbrite’s primary stack includes Python, Django, Redis, MySQL, Cassandra, HBase, Hive and AWS.
If you are an experienced engineer who wants to help take our architecture and engineering to the next level, read on!
- Expand and improve Eventbrite’s internal Service Oriented Architecture framework
- Work with other product teams to design SOA services that can support Eventbrite’s continuing growth and enable future feature development
- Design and build the next generation of Eventbrite’s public API
- Evaluate and integrate new technologies into Eventbrite’s development platform
- Provide coaching and mentorship to other members of Eventbrite’s engineering team
- Strong knowledge of several programming languages, including Python.
- Experience with Django is a bonus
- In-depth SQL database experience
- Understanding and basic experience of at least one NoSQL database.
- 1+ years experience working on a high-volume/high-availability transaction-based website (ideally LAMP-stack)
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture concepts
- Deep understanding of web protocols and technologies such as HTTP, JSON and XML
- Understanding of Web APIs, including OAuth and REST
- Experience working with non-technical stakeholders to extract and refine technical requirements and use them to deliver and maintain a working system
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Test-Driven Development
- Background in Computer Science preferred
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!