Systems Engineer at PayPerks
- python jobs in ny python jobs in new york
New York City,NY,United States
Jan 30, 2014
PayPerks is a financial capability and rewards platform for low– and middle–income (LMI) consumers. We're looking for engineers to help us work on interesting and challenging problems as we scale from hundreds of thousands to millions of users.
If you're smart, take pride in your work and want to learn from (and teach) other developers within a very cohesive team, this is definitely the right place for you. We're agile, do test-driven development, lots of pair programming and take code quality very seriously (we have a full test harness and automated CI environment). No ninjas, jedis or divas. Developing is a team sport here.
We believe in the dev ops philosophy of all our engineers working together to build our application and fully software-defined production platform. We're looking for someone who wants to be in the middle of that, specifically bridging development and operations to maintain and evolve this culture as we grow the whole team.
You're familiar with most of these, and are interested in learning ones you don't yet know:
Python or Ruby, Django, PostgreSQL
Linux, AWS, Puppet, nginx
Monitoring, graphing, and alerting strategies (think statsd, graphite, newrelic)
All things TCP/IP networking, SSH tunneling
Security, encryption, and penetration testing
You'll build high-scale, secure, cloud-based infrastructure with an opportunity to play a big role in the design and architecture. Here are some of the problems you'll be working on:
A little more about the business...
- scaling and deploying Django web apps in our multi-region, cloud-based infrastructure
- improving our continuous delivery system so that we can deploy faster and more frequently
- real-time graphing, monitoring and alerting across our platform and partner integrations
- developing modern approaches to creating secure environments in the cloud
- contributing back to the software ecosystem by open sourcing tools and components we've developed
NOTE: Because of certain requirements from our government financial institutional partners, this role must be filled by someone who is a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident.
PayPerks is a VC-backed, fintech startup based in Flatiron, NYC. We are building a pioneering education and loyalty platform that is revolutionizing financial services for millions of low- and middle-income consumers worldwide. Through contracts already in place, millions of users will soon have access to PayPerks...and that's just the tip of a huge iceberg. Our partners are big, our market is big, and our impact on society will be big. In the past year, we've been named a "Best Newcomer" in Payments, recognized at the White House and awarded the title of, "The Most Promising Idea for the Emerging Class". The Federal Reserve Bank wrote a white paper about us. Joining this company will make your mom proud.
If this sounds like something you're interested in, get in touch.
Perks of working at PayPerks include:
- Work with a fun, talented, supportive and friendly team
- Work in the center of New York City's tech startup scene
- Company culture that values results and offers lots of flexibility
- Help create the PayPerks culture as an early member of our team
- Knowledge that what you're building will positively impact millions of people
- Access to whatever tools and computing resources needed
- Time to contribute back to the Open Source community, create PayPerks open source projects, and contribute to our tech blog
- Competitive compensation package with equity and great health benefits
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!