Software Engineer To Build The Next Generation Parking Platform at ParkWhiz
- Us python jobs chicago python job openings chicago python django jobs
Jan 09, 2014
ParkWhiz is looking for an experienced software engineers to help us build the parking platform of the future.
You'll get some challenging problems to work on - complex pricing models, GIS/geospatial data, transaction processing, mobile apps - and flexibility to choose the best tools for the job. We have loads of exciting projects in the pipeline, and are looking for somebody to help architect and implement these new initiatives.
Skills & Requirements
- You know how to leverage Django and other tools to build stable, long-lived systems that make future additions and maintenance a breeze
- You are fluent in one or more backend scripting languages (Python, Perl, Ruby, etc), and stay up-to-date on best practices and community-recommended libraries and toolchains
- You have experience finding your way through legacy systems
- You easily model any real-world concept with appropriate data structures
- You try to future-proof everything you create by minimizing built-in assumptions
- You write DRY code
- You advocate the use of MVC, templating, ORMs, and other techniques to save time and headaches
- You know when to apply duct tape, and when to rebuild
- You know when a unit test will save you and when it's a waste of time
- You want to work in a small, agile team
- You mentor other developers when needed
- You work hard and don’t need much oversight
- You like variety in your projects
- You deploy bulletproof code with time to spare
- You want to be proud of what you do at your job
Founded in 2006, Chicago based ParkWhiz.com pioneered the eParking marketplace and has since become the industry standard and market share leading platform for event and downtown parking reservations across the country. ParkWhiz has extraordinarily strong revenue growth and ongoing product innovations that continue to change the way people think about parking.
ParkWhiz.com attracts highly-competitive over-achievers who thrive in a dynamic environment. Employees enjoy the rewards and challenges associated with a constantly evolving market leading technology company. If you embrace challenge, work well in a team setting, and are driven to grow and excel in your career, we'd like to hear from you.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!