Senior Django Developer - Uk/Remote - £26,000 - £34,000 at FARM Digital Ltd.
- Django developers in UK python jobs in uk
Nov 27, 2013
We’re looking for applicants to fill a senior developer role in our digital agency business. We’re looking for an experienced programmer, capable of independently developing web applications with minimal oversight. Digital agency experience is an advantage.
This is a broad role, and while your primary role will be to develop web applications, you'll also be required to research new techniques, provide technology recommendations, maintain legacy software and systems, and help to manage our technical infrastructure.
We have a first class account management team, and our projects have dedicated producers and project managers, so our developers are generally insulated from our clients. You'll be working with our existing team of developers; you'll learn as much from us as we will from you; you’ll be expected to work with junior team members to develop their understanding of the web application lifestyle and good practice. We support all our staff by providing training, conference tickets, and a work environment which encourages great engineering over quick profits.
You can be based anywhere in the UK. Many of our team already work remotely, or you can join us in our offices; we have an office in Lancashire near Leyland and an office in Hartley Wintney, Hampshire. Regardless of where you choose to work, we meet up regularly for company events and conferences.
- A thorough understanding of the web application lifecycle, development processes and best practices, and delivery methods.
- Existing knowledge of Python. Our primary tool is Django.
- Knowledge of at least one MVC web framework (preferably you'll already know Django but we welcome anyone with a background in Rails, Symfony, etc. and a willingness to learn)
- A firm understanding of test driven development. Continuous integration and deployment shouldn't be new to you.
- Knowledge of GNU/Linux system administration.
- Proficiency in using Git.
- Ability to develop software projects from concept to completion, with minimal external direction.
- Ability to communicate effectively. We use company-wide chat and heavily rely on well written tickets and commit messages to update our clients.
- Ability to make pragmatic decisions, and then to defend them!
- 22 days per year paid holiday allowance.
- Technically competent management with extensive web development experience.
- You get your own book, magazine subscription and equipment budget.
- We develop a personal training plan for each employee, and we provide everyone with their own training and conference budget.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
How to Apply
Position fulfilled. Thanks for your interest.
Django is a registered trademark of the Django Software Foundation |
DjangoJobs is not associated with the Django Software Foundation