Django Developer at Graphis
- hire django developer in new york python django jobs in new york
New York City,NY,United States
Nov 14, 2013
Graphis is seeking a Django/Python specialist with great design skills. The developer will develop, test and deliver changes to an existing website based on collaboration with designers. Best practices and design methods will be utilized to insure the success of the projects. The developer will have the ability to create web applications and components from the requirements stage to the design and production deployment stages. The developer will be required to have experience in graphics and layout, along with programming, to provide seamless integration of Django and Python.
Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in a creative environment, while delivering quality work on tight deadlines, are key attributes of this individual.
- Provides constant support for website platform, CMS and front end. Needs to maintain user friendliness and overall functionality.
- Operates effectively as an individual for quick turnaround of enhancements and fixes.
- Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time and in high quality.
- Responsible for the development of web applications and components.
- Responsible for the design and development of web pages, graphics, multimedia, GUIs.
- Effectively develops in a clean, well-structured, easily maintainable format.
- Utilizes storyboarding and graphic pre-designs where appropriate.
- Demonstrates creative, technical and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in design, technical and business environments.
- Experience in developing websites and/or web applications with Django and Python. Minimum of 2 years of development experience is required.
- PostgreSQL & MongoDB
- Linux admin skills
- Apache Solr + Haystack experience a plus
- Django admin customization
- Knowledge of MySQL, PHP and Wordpress experience a plus
- Ability to help coordinate / setup front-end designers with templating.
- Solid understanding of navigation and search for maximizing usability.
- Front-end and back-end development experience, as well as experience producing seamless integration of front- to back-end functionality.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment.
Interviews must be in-person in our office in Manhattan. Telecommuting might be considered.
Work Schedule: Part-time
Salary: Not Specified
How to Apply
Position is expired. Thanks for your interest.