Full Stack Developer at Money Mover
Dec 03, 2020
Money Mover technology powers business foreign currency exchange, international business payments, personal payments and corporate FX.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to work on in-house development of our web application. This role reports to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) who you will work with to shape our technology using your experience and hands-on ability. You will also be working closely with the CEO and Product Manager.
The role is located in Cambridge, United Kingdom or Ontario, Canada.
- Take ownership of our class-leading web application and contribute to its long-term viability
- Building out new features for the web app and integrating with third-party systems
- Maintaining and updating our web application
- Applying updates and patches to our software stack
- Managing the hosting environment for our web application
- Contributing to the technical design of the web application
Attributes and skills for success in this role
- A college or university degree in computer science or a related field (a combination of education and experience is also fine!)
- At least five years of experience building secure and scalable database-driven web applications
- At least three years of experience developing web applications with Python and Django
- In-depth knowledge of a Linux/Nginx/Python/PostgreSQL software stack
- In-depth knowledge of Django (we’re currently using Django 2.2)
- In-depth knowledge of HTML 5 & CSS 3
- In-depth knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with creating APIs
- Broad experience with a variety of front-end frameworks with an understanding of their uses and why you might prefer one over another
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility and responsive design.
- Experience working with third-party APIs
- Experience with Git version control (we use git-flow, but knowing that in advance isn’t critical)
- Experienced and comfortable with Linux systems administration & monitoring
You are ideal for this role if you are:
- A great communicator with excellent verbal and written English skills
- Someone with strong attention to detail
- Able to write clean, modular, testable code
- Collaborative, proactive, and willing to get things done
- Passionate about innovation, technology & growing business
- Able to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and processes
- This is honestly a really great place to work
- Our software stack is modern and well-structured
- You’ll get exposure to all operations and technologies in FinTech and next-gen financial services
- We try hard to create a fun, friendly and stimulating working atmosphere
- We offer a competitive benefits and holiday package, including pension, childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes
- You can work flexibly and from home if you wish
- This is a great opportunity to develop your career and responsibilities rapidly in a fast-growing business
Money Mover is an equal opportunities employer.
Recruitment agencies are requested not to contact us about this position.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: GBP 35,000 to GBP 45,000 depending on qualifications and experience
How to Apply
Position fulfilled. Thanks for your interest.