Our vision is DRIVING – AS SIMPLE AS LISTENING TO MUSIC.
Cluno is a new, flexible mobility concept: a digital car subscription. Car subscription works for anyone who wants to get around in his or her own car. We think all car-related processes completely digital and innovative. By this we help our customers finding the right mobility solution for their current life and needs and thus become their permanent partner. We work every day to make driving and changing cars as easy and convenient as possible. In order to meet this challenge, we are constantly looking for new talents who accompany us on our journey and strengthen our team.
To strengthen our growing data department currently consisting of seven people, we are looking for you at our Munich location as a
Junior Data Engineer (m/f/d)
at the earliest possible date | permanent employment | full-time employment
An exciting task awaits you with us
As a Junior Data Engineer (m/f/d) you will have the chance to become part of a fast-growing team in an early stage. You will improve and extend the current Data Platform in AWS that enables other teams to make data-based decisions. Apart from that you will build Data Products in cross-functional teams together with Software Engineers and Data Scientists in order to automate operative processes backed up with intelligent algorithms which allow the company to grow in a scalable way. Thereby you will have to handle big and small datasets, structured and unstructured data and batch and streaming processes. Your tasks in detail:
- Create and develop a cloud-based and scalable Data platform
- Develop resilient and performant data flows in order to make life easier for the internal key users of our data
- Work with the team to identify and adopt technologies for data ingestion, processing and analysis with a goal to empower our teams in gaining valuable insights
- Living Agile: Frequent development cycles, Continuous Delivery and DevOps
That's what Cluno is all about
- Your impact: With your expertise and commitment you actively shape our growth.
- Teamwork: Flexible, pragmatic, professional and solution-oriented; we have a great atmosphere - both at work and at our company events; we are currently over 60 experts and our team continues to grow.
- Stable environment: Start up and solidly positioned; for our three founders, Cluno is already the second successful start-up; German and American investors have invested a total of over $36 million in us in one year.
- Our office: Centrally located in Munich at Leuchtenbergring; here we offer you fruit and drinks for free and we have our own canteen and coffee bars in-house. The highlight is our roof terrace with a view of the Alps.
- Benefits: e.g. subsidy for the MVV ticket, a prepaid Mastercard with monthly credit at your free disposal or employee discount for our Cluno Auto subscription.
You bring this with you as Junior Data Engineer (m/w/d)
- University degree in Computer Science, Data Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience
- Professional experience with Python or other modern languages like Java, C# or Scala as well as in SQL and in writing ETL processes – preferably in Python/PySpark
- Knowledge of Clean Code and Test Driven Development
- Passion for DataOps and automation – e.g. Bash, AWS CLI, CloudFormation and/or Docker
- Experience in Big Data processing tools and frameworks like e.g. Hadoop, Spark and/or Hive and in working with NoSQL Databases and/or Object Based Datalakes (e.g. S3-based Datalake)
- Exposure to Streaming Tools is a plus (e.g. Kinesis, Kafka) as well as to AWS Big Data Services like Redshift and/or EMR
- Familiarity with complex Software Systems and Microservice Architectures is a plus
- Conscientious and autonomous working as well as being a teamplayer with a strong desire to learn about new trends and technologies
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
Then please send your application with your earliest possible start date and your salary expectations via the application form to Veronika Hotz. We look forward to welcoming you to our team!
Neumarkter Straße 28
Want to find out more?