Remote Web Developer (Django Cms) at Kimetrica
Jan 17, 2019
Kimetrica is a social enterprise with a mission to increase the effectiveness of spending in the social sector primarily in low income countries. We provide software to support for evidence-based humanitarian decision-making and learning. We help governments and non-profit organisations increase the impact and efficiency of their social investments, enhance accountability, manage critical risks, and build donor or taxpayer confidence.
Kimetrica is seeking to recruit a Django developer to work on responsive, content-driven websites implemented using Django CMS. You are likely to be a technology enthusiast with a passion for improving user experience and you have a good eye for clean and attractive interface design. You are likely to want to apply your technical and design skills to social causes.
The websites integrate high-end interactive analytics, GIS and dashboard/visualization functionality alongside contextual information and analysis. They serve humanitarian and international development communities, supporting decision-making on disaster management, project design and management and public policy. Current projects include websites monitoring evolving political, social and economic conditions in fragile states.
- Develop content-driven websites using Django CMS, including search engine optimization and website analytics;
- Liaise with clients to understand their requirements for both branding and content and collaborate with them to design and implement attractive, modern, responsive websites.
- Liaise with in-house and external visualization experts to integrate interactive visualizations and dashboards;
- Manage other front end developers, web designers and outsource contractors as required;
- Create proposals, wireframes and/or mock ups for websites;
- Develop efficient and agile processes for website design, implement and content management;
- Conduct research and ensure that we provide the best available front-end technology to our clients and advise Kimetrica on the tech stack.
- Proven work experience as a Python CMS developer/designer using Django CMS (preferred), Wagtail or Mezzanine, 2+ years
- Proven work experience as a website developer/designer, 5+ years
- Experiences of search engine optimization and website analytics
- Experience with ES2015+, HTML5, CSS preprocessors (SASS or LESS)
- Experience with Bootstrap
- Familiarity with automated front end testing and debugging
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment) and agile development (we use Docker, GitLab and Redmine) and version control
- Strong design sense
- Strong self-motivation and initiative with an ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Willingness to travel to Africa and Asia as required
Denver, New York, or Nairobi
UTC-5 (East Coast) through UTC+3 (East Africa). E.g. New York, Washington, Buenos Aires, Europe, Nairobi, Addis Ababa
Competitive salary Generous benefits package (health, dental, vision, 401K with match, vacation, holiday and sick leave) Dynamic, innovative and highly committed work environment focused on making a positive impact.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!